Rapha does more than create the world’s best cycling products. We inspire people to ride.
We look for people who can rise to the occasion time and time again, people who think for themselves, people who inspire others and love the sport of cycling. We thrive on challenges and reward imagination. Our team is made of people who thrive on being passionate about product. Together, we have created an exceptional reputation for product excellence.
This role will be part of a wider Development team. The candidate will have a key role that supports a more senior member of staff, helping to elevate a product range within the development department. Ensuring all briefs and critical dates are met. Working x functionally with Designers, Developers, Technical and production on a daily basis, demanding the highest standards, thus ensuring they can support the teams and our vendors crafting, not only, a truly beautiful product but one that also meets our performance expectations. They will have Excellent time management and the ability to remain agile within the role. Participating in any task with a positive attitude to your best ability is key to knowledge growth and the needs of the business.
- Supporting in developing a range of PN (Print New) & special edition styles alongside the critical path and support from your manager.
- Owning the development of a small collection with low - medium graphical application complexity.
- Advance knowledge of Adobe Illustrator to generate tech packs.
- Maintain and update product tech packs and Bill of Materials on our PLM and Ai. filing system.
- A solid understanding of construction and Lay plans. Being able to translate a flat design into a 3D garment. 3D garment software is an added bonus, but not essential.
- To provide a level of support not only for the Product development teams but, where necessary, support the Graphic, technical, Design fabric, and Trim teams.
- Must have a solid understanding of costing templates variables within manufacture – having the ability to cost engineer a product is key.
- Deliver timely and clear feedback on the status of products to your manager.
- Have a good understanding of the industry and be aware of competitor’s products, participating in inspiration days and reporting back to the wider team.
- Actively participate in team meetings in a confident way.
- To ensure all filing and databases are kept up to date for the development team when necessary.
- Attend x functional weekly meetings and fit sessions of products assigned to you and occasionally to support when needed in colleague’s meetings.
- Supporting the preparation of products at Range Review management meetings.
- Potentially be able to travel to Europe to factories or trade shows.
- Ensure that Rapha quality and performance standards are met and maintained.
- Support the team in ensuring prototype samples are measured before fitting to ensure they conform to size, quality and construction specifications.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities and skills:
- Highly organised and inquisitive personality.
- A Graduate ideally with a fashion/sportswear background.
- Has a good knowledge of garment construction, print finishes and manufacturing processes.
- Approximately 2 years of industry experience working for a sportswear brand.
- Be able to work to tight and challenging deadlines - it is important that the candidate recognises priorities and has a very methodical way of working
- Must be able to understand and manage risk and be able to elevate any risks that impacts on the delivery of the product to a senior level
- An understanding and passion for delivering faultless quality.
- Solutions based mind-set.
- Determined and supportive team player.
- A cyclist and/or active person who has a strong affinity for sport. Any candidate will be keen to develop their riding skills and use their passion for sport to elevate Rapha’s product range.