The Product Development team is key to the Product Creation process, combining expertise with passion to bring product to life. We are a dynamic team with a great work ethic together with strong team spirit that makes working at Rapha as a Product Developer a unique experience.
We are seeking an individual who is keen to progress their Product Development career and to create the finest cycling clothing in the World.
- Reporting into an experienced member of the development team, at either a senior or management level.
- Owning the development of a product collection with medium complexity, ensuring integrity and performance of the product is met.
- Working x functionally with Design, Development, Technical and Production teams on a daily basis.
- Responsible for developing a large range of carry over and new colour styles alongside the critical path, ensuring all key deadlines are met.
- Maintain and update product tech packs and the product Bill of Materials on our PLM system.
- To ensure all filing and product databases are kept up to date.
- Have a solid understanding of cost to manufacture – with the ability to engineer a product meeting target costs.
- Having a strong understanding of fabrics and garment treatments and their function/cost.
- To have a solid understanding of the manufacturing process across a variety of product categories.
- Deliver timely and clear feedback on the status of products to your manager.
- Have knowledge of the industry and be aware of competitor’s product, participating/ leading inspiration days and reporting back to the wider team.
- Actively participate in and attend x-functional weekly meetings and fit sessions of products assigned to your range.
- Own communication with fabric mills. Being responsible for lab dip approval clearly re-laying colour feedback and approving bulk fabrics.
- Business travel within Europe and the Far East.
- Preparing and presenting product for Range Review meetings.
- Manage any in-season wear testing, supported by your manager and the R & D department when necessary.
- Flagging risks with your manager in a timely and clear manner.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualities:
- A graduate, ideally with a degree in textiles / fashion / sportswear.
- Approximately 3-5 years experience in the garment industry working for a sportswear or fashion brand.
- Highly organised and inquisitive personality.
- An understanding and passion for delivering flawless quality.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and be proficient in using a Mac and Adobe suite.
- Solutions based mind-set.
- Determined and supportive team player, the ability to build more junior members knowledge and confidence.
- A cyclist and/or active person who has a strong affinity for sport. Any candidate will be keen to develop their riding skills and use their passion for sport to elevate Rapha’s product range.