Rapha creates the finest cycling clothing and accessories in the world. Designed without compromise for the most discerning rider, Rapha products blend optimum performance, the finest fabrics and modern style. Rapha Clubhouses have been created as inspiring meeting places for road riders around the world. Located in key cycling cities, inside you’ll find a retail space stocked with the latest Rapha products, limited edition Clubhouse items, and a café serving the finest coffee and food. The clubs also screen live racing and host exclusive exhibitions and events. The perfect home for the sport and culture of road racing, Rapha Clubhouses offer the ultimate Rapha experience.
The Clubhouse Assistant Manager leads the club team in the efficient running of the club both front and back of house in order to achieve operational excellence. A natural leader, the Assistant Manager builds and develops a highly skilled and high-achieving team that can cope with the pressures and demands of both a luxury retailer and Cafe. Strong commercial awareness skills are vital as is building relationships with the Regional and Central teams to ensure the club’s continued success.
- Lead and manage a high performing club team, ensuring the employee experience is in line with brand strategies and drives the customer experience.
- Develop a customer database to create a community around the club which will build a local, loyal customer base.
- Be the ultimate Rapha Ambassador, seen by others as a role model and bring to life Rapha’s core values – Passion, Determination, Creativity & Communication.
- Ensure the store staffing and staff schedules are optimised to match customer traffic flows and operational demands.
- Drive productivity and profitability by identifying opportunities whilst developing relationships and communicating effectively with Retail Operations and Central teams.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed and Profit Protection strategies are adhered to, to minimise any losses.
- Provide high value feedback on trading opportunities, when required, to the Retail Operations team.
- Ensure seamless execution of the legendary Rapha experience and visual standards.
- Cascade communications to all members of the store team and lead by example when embracing brand messages.
- Ensure events are managed in partnership with all relevant stakeholders.
- Through successful recruitment, on-boarding and training create a luxury store environment. Ensure all employees are effectively developed and coached to achieve overall success.
The ideal Clubhouse Assistant Manager candidate will have the following experience:
- 2+ years store management experience in a luxury retail environment.
- A passion for delivering a legendary customer experience.
- A proven track record of delivering results and the drive to exceed expectations.
- An understanding of Food & Beverage retailing.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Proven ability to network, recruit, train, develop and assess talent.
- The creativity and drive to build and host memorable event experiences at the Clubhouse, which bring the Rapha experience to life.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible and agile to meet business needs.
- Computer proficiency with Apple Mac & MS Office.
- A keen cyclist with a strong interest in the sport of Road Cycling.
- Available to work nights, weekends and holidays