Rapha does more than create the world’s best cycling products. We inspire people to ride.
We look for people who can rise to the occasion time and time again, people who think for themselves, people who inspire others and love the sport of cycling. We thrive on challenges and reward imagination. Our team is made of people who thrive on being passionate about product. Together, we have created an exceptional reputation for product excellence.
This role will be part of a wider Technical Team. The candidate will ensure that garments are truly fit for purpose, are of the highest quality, installed in a timely manner into the appointed Rapha supplier and delivered to critical path timelines. They will demand the highest standards, thus ensuring they can support the teams and our vendors crafting, not only, a truly beautiful product but one that also meets our performance expectations
- This position will report into the Head of Technical.
- This position sits within the wider technical team and they will work alongside and support the other garment technologists ensuring there is consistency in the technical requirements and knowledge
- Create Technical and measurement specifications maintaining the grading and sizing rules for each garment type
- Manage the fit meeting process ensuring that all relevant prototypes and target samples are prepped
- Measure and review prototype samples before fitting to ensure they conform to size, quality and construction specifications
- Communicate all fit comments to the vendor through PLM system
- To liaise with the Range developer and design functions to ensure the briefs are executed correctly and that the vendors are receiving all correct and up-to-date necessary technical information with which to produce the required product
- To serve as primary category contact for apparel suppliers acting as an internal liaison between their vendors and Rapha
- To own the technical / fitting development for a range of product with a medium to high level of complexity
- Ensure that Rapha quality and performance standards are met
- Ensure that Rapha product comply legally worldwide
- Liaise with the developer to ensure any in season wear testing is conducted in a timely manner
- Collaborate cross functionally with design, development and supply chain teams to ensure that products are risks assessed in a timely manner and that any subsequent risks are highlighted to the wider team
- Ensure the critical path tracker is updated weekly in preparation for reporting
Reporting into the Head of Technical they must ensure that garments are truly fit for purpose, are of the highest quality and installed in a timely manner into the appointed Rapha supplier, balancing a keen sense of quality with cycling legitimacy. Effective internal negotiators this person will be a natural role model to the wider team in terms of their professional conduct.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualities
- To have a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a sports related product area
- Must lead by example and for the Junior and Assistant technologists to look up to you for guidance and reassurance
- Experience in managing Junior and Assistant Garment Technologist and shows a capability of supporting and nurturing them would be an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of garment construction including manufacturing operations, pattern and grading knowledge
- Experience and knowledge of overseas factories.
- Have an understanding and appreciation of luxury apparel and a passion for delivering the best in market product
- Knowledge of technical fabrics and functional garment knowledge especially cycling apparel
- Be able to work to tight and challenging deadlines
- Must be able to challenge the status quo and question to ensure the product brief is met
- Must be able to understand and manage risk and be able to elevate any risks that impacts on the delivery of the product to a senior level
- Ability to adapt to the changing structure of a growing company and team
- Ability to travel both domestically and overseas as necessary, (EU and FE)
- IT skills – Microsoft Office / Adobe AI / PLM are essential
- To be a keen cyclist with a passion for the product and sport or a want and passion to develop their riding skills further