Founded in 2004, Rapha exists to make cycling the most popular sport in the World. For the last fifteen years, Rapha has balanced community, content and commerce to become one of the most revered brands in world sport. Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Marketing Communications Executive will be instrumental in helping to deliver Rapha’s best-in-class global marketing communications across the year through paid, owned and earned channels.
Rapha’s on-going dialogue with its customers is an integral piece of the Brand’s marketing strategy. From launching a new season collection to celebrating the icons of the sport, this role will support the development and delivery of digital campaigns to both prospective and existing customers, in line with Rapha’s brand strategy.
- Supporting the development of communications from briefing to final delivery; including weekly email communications, on-going product launches and brand building communications campaigns with a digital focus.
- Proactively aiding the set up of regional and global brand activations and managing associated communications roll out across email, web and social.
- Maintaining links between Central Marketing Team, Regional Marketing Teams and wider Rapha stakeholders to ensure the communications are delivered in line with the needs of the business.
- Ensuring communications are relevant and appropriate in local markets around the globe.
- Working with the Brand Project Manager to ensure the workflow of the Marketing Team is transparent and projects are prioritised in line with established timelines and the needs of the business.
- Delivery of final assets in line with the marketing brief and global/local market requirements.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualities:
- 2+ years in marketing communications.
- Proactive, self motivated, ambitious with the ability to think for yourself.
- Brilliant communicator – especially across multi-disciplinary teams both online and offline.
- Someone who delivers projects on time and on budget with an audience-centric approach and an eye for detail.
- An active cyclist with an enthusiasm for the sport.
- Understanding of trading and sales targets and how they impact content management and delivery.
- Understanding of customer digital experience and awareness of presenting content in a digital space.
- Strong knowledge of digital communications and understanding of a fully integrated marketing mix.
- Awareness of planning for customer communications across global markets.