Rapha’s purpose is to make cycling the most popular sport in the world. This is the guiding mission which defines our company culture, working environment, and the people we hire.
We work with talented people around the world, from designers to customer service advisors, clubhouse associates to marketers; we all share the same aims that have contributed to the company’s unprecedented success over the past few years.
We have a very exciting opportunity to get more people into cycling through the use of our sophisticated software applications.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic UX developer to join our team. You will be a key contributor to the future direction of the products that we build, solving problems and developing new features through high quality, scalable, performant and elegant technical solutions.
A key part of the role is building out new UI components for use in our main ecommerce website, taking ownership of delivering a best-in-class digital experience through bulletproof CSS, semantically sound HTML, and rich transitions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional squads including Product Owners, Engineering, Devops, QA, and Design to deliver new components and features to our core platforms
- Help maintain and manage changes to our UI pattern library and design system
- Work closely with the design team and front-end developers to refine the interaction, loading experience, accessibility and performance of UI components
- Produce experimental proofs of concept for new browser features, APIs, tools and libraries
- Advocate for and advise on best practises in user experience, accessibility and front-end engineering and development
- Support other developers through code reviews, pair programming, and knowledge sharing sessions
- Help us to continually improve our codebase by applying coding standards, testing and refactoring
Must-have skills and experience
- Expert level understanding of semantic HTML5, and CSS best practices
- Strong understanding of UI/UX, cross-browser compatibility and accessibility
- A passion for developing rich interaction design for the web (CSS animations and transitions, SVG animation)
- An appreciation for Systems in design, CSS, and code alike
Interest in learning:
- Creating self-contained, reusable and testable modules and components
- CSS in JS
- Building and using a CI/CD pipeline
Please include links to examples of your work - personal sites or portfolios preferred.