Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 12,000 customers cut their expenses by 3.5% per year and close their books 8x faster by switching to the Ramp platform.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment software in America and enables billions of dollars of purchases each year. Ramp continues to grow quickly, more than doubling its revenue run rate in the first half of 2022.
Valued at $8.1 billion, Ramp's investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. Ramp was named Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in North America in 2023 and #5 on LinkedIn Top Startups 2022.
About the Role
As the founding member of Ramp's Collections Strategy team, you will build, execute and maintain collections strategy for Ramp. This role requires a deep understanding of the collections space combined, strong structured and analytical skills as well as the ability to partner with a broad set of cross-functional teams including legal, product, engineering, data science, product operations, customer support and risk operations. The role, though designed to start as an individual contributor, is expected to build out and manage a team over the next six to twelve months.
What You’ll Do
- Using data driven approaches, develop strategies and tactics to optimize collections and from delinquent and high risk businesses
- Partner with legal, operations and account management teams to implement collection strategies, payment plans and operating procedures to ensure efficient collections operations
- Partner with product and engineering teams to build best in class platforms and solutions to execute on the collections strategies
- Develop KPIs and testing plans to measure the effectiveness of the collections strategies, and optimize them over time
- Monitor emerging trends in collections treatment and technology across the industry
- Provide feedback to underwriting and portfolio risk management teams to fine tune upstream strategies to minimize downstream losses
- Provide analysis and white-space problem solving to address potential new products and policies as well as coordinate with various teams to drive towards execution
What You Need
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an analytics role
- Minimum 2 years in collections analytics or strategy role
- Minimum 2 years of people management experience leading analytical talent
- Minimum 2 years of experience using SQL, Python, or R for data retrieval and manipulations
- Experience with financial products like credit cards, loans, mortgages, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Have the ability to grow, develop and learn in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Engineering, Economics, Math, Finance, Business, Computer Science, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office products, particularly Excel
Nice to Haves
- Experience in high growth startups
- Experience building complex financial products
- The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role is $144,500-$170,000 + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- One Medical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Please note only 401k contributions made while employed by Ramp are eligible for an employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Fertility HRA Up to $5,000 per year
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Wellness stipend
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Pet insurance