Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 5000 businesses are spending an average of 3.3% less and closing their books 8 times faster, thanks to Ramp’s finance automation platform that enables billions of dollars of purchases each year.
Founded in 2019, Ramp has seen nearly 10x year-over-year growth which has led to a valuation of $8.1 billion in just over 3 years. Its investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The team is made up of talented leaders from some of the leading financial services and fintech companies—Capital One, Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Visa—as well as high-growth technology companies like Facebook, Spotify, Zendesk, Uber, Dropbox, and Instacart. Recently named Fast Company’s most innovative finance company, Ramp is NYC’s fastest-growing startup and America’s fastest-growing corporate card.
About the Role
Ramp is, at its core, an engineering company, and is on a mission to build the best engineering team in the world! The Data Platform team develops and owns the systems that enable Ramp's reporting, decision-making, and automation around data. Our team is looking for engineers that will help lay the groundwork for Ramp to scale 10x and beyond. As an early employee, you'll have the opportunity to build new systems that will be critical to Ramp's sustained growth. You'll partner with Ramp's Data Science and Analytics teams, Operations teams, and other engineering teams to build data infrastructure that meets the needs of the firm.
Our ideal candidate is excited about building systems for data collection, storage, and retrieval, and is also passionate about making these systems observable, reliable, scalable, and highly automated.
What You’ll Do
- Build and integrate the components of Ramp's Data Platform
- Build tools that improve the agility and data experience of Ramp's Data Scientists, Analytics Engineers, and Operations teams
- Build the batch and streaming data pipelines critical to Ramp’s daily operations using Airflow, Spark, Kafka, and other data processing technologies
- Build infrastructure to power Machine Learning and Experimentation at Ramp
- Build reliable, scalable, maintainable, and cost-efficient systems across the stack
What You Need
- Minimum 1 year of experience with workflow orchestrators like Airflow, Dagster, or Prefect
- Minimum 1 year of experience building infrastructure on AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Knowledge of SQL and experience with Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, or similar databases
- Strong Python programming skills
- Track record of building highly-reliable infrastructure for data storage and processing
Nice to Haves
- Deep expertise with AWS
- Experience with Terraform and Datadog
- Experience with shipping and maintaining machine learning solutions in production
- Experience building streaming pipelines based on Kafka or Kinesis
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- OneMedical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Unlimited PTO
- Annual education reimbursement
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Monthly wellness stipend; Headspace annual membership
- Parental Leave