Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. More than 10,000 customers cut their expenses by 3.5% per year and closing their books 8x faster by switching to the Ramp platform.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment software in America and enables billions of dollars of purchases each year. Ramp continues to grow at an increasingly large scale, more than doubling its revenue run rate in the first half of 2022.
Valued at $8.1 billion, Ramp's investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. Ramp was named Fast Company’s most innovative finance company in 2022.
About the Role
We’re looking for someone to help lead the future of analytics at Ramp! This person will enable Ramp to get 1% better every day by developing data products and insights. They will partner closely with business stakeholders to prioritize and execute on work, improve reporting, as well as drive results and process improvements.
What You’ll Do
- Full stack analytics engineering development, building models to consume, transform, and expose data to stakeholders and production systems
- Drive forward decision making for Ramp in a data-driven way, even in the absence of complete information
- Contribute to the culture of Ramp’s data team by influencing processes, tools, and systems that will allow us to make better decisions in a scalable way
- Collaborate with stakeholders teams to develop roadmaps and define measures of success
- Work with closely with data engineering teams to capture, move, store, and transform raw data into highly actionable insights, and partner with business teams to turn those insights into action
What You Need
- Strong knowledge of SQL (preferably Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery) and how to write efficient SQL queries
- Familiarity with BI tools (preferable Looker/Mode/Tableau) and experience distributing data insights via reports and dashboards
- Track record of shipping high quality products and features at scale
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly improving, start-up environment that focuses on solving problems with iterative technical solutions
Nice to Haves
- Experience with the modern data stack (Fivetran / Snowflake / dbt / Looker / Census or equivalents)
- Strong perspective on analytics engineering development cycle (data modeling, version control, documentation + testing, best practices for codebase development)
- Experience building, testing, deploying, monitoring, and evaluating a set of growth strategies across a variety of channels
- Experience within the payments and financial technology space
- Familiarity with B2B enterprise sales cycle metrics and processes
About Our Teams
- Product Analytics | Ramp’s Product Analytics team is responsible for delivering data products and insights that shape Ramp’s product direction and unlock business value. The Product Analytics team is also responsible for building out the platform through which new products are launched, instrumented, tested, and QA’d. The team embeds deeply as a partner to engineering, product, and design.
- Risk Analytics | Ramp’s Risk Analytics team is responsible for how risk is evaluated and building the infrastructure to scale to millions of businesses in the United States. Areas include application processing, underwriting & KYC, risk data signals, risk limit & exposure management, bank linking, capital markets, fraud, pricing, and payments
- Growth Analytics | Ramp's Growth Analytics team ships data products and insights that allow Ramp to acquire new business and expand existing business at scale. Current areas of focus include: Self-Service Product, Web & Martech, Outbound Automation, Customer Data Platform, and GTM Systems.
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- OneMedical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Please note only 401k contributions made while employed by Ramp are eligible for an employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Annual education reimbursement
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Monthly wellness stipend; Headspace annual membership
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support