Ramp is building the world's first finance automation platform designed to save businesses time and money. Ramp offers 5-in-1 software that consolidates corporate cards, expense management, bill payments, accounting, and reporting into one simple and free solution. More than 2,000 businesses are using Ramp for over $1 billion in annualized transaction volume. Customers include some of the fastest growing startups and unicorns like Ro, DoNotPay, Better, ClickUp, and Applied Intuition, as well as established businesses across the US such as Bristol Hospice, Walther Farms, Douglas Elliman, and Planned Parenthood.
Founded in 2019 Ramp is NYC's fastest growing startup, having achieved a unicorn valuation of $3.9 billion in just over 2 years. Ramp has raised $620 million in funding from investors including Founders Fund, Stripe, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. Ramp is part of the Forbes Fintech 50 and Fast Company's Best Workplaces for Innovators program.
About the Role
Ramp is, at its core, an engineering company, and is on a mission to build the best engineering team in the world! They are highly cross-functional, and eager to solve a wide range of engineering challenges. Our ideal candidate has a strong sense of ownership and enjoys owning projects from inception to scaling it in production. We value people who take pride in their work, and show an aptitude for learning quickly whether they’re familiar with our stack or not. As an early employee, you’ll be working with a nimble team of committed and talented engineers and having a large, long-term impact on technical design and engineering culture.
Our ideal candidate has a deep knowledge of AWS, or equivalent cloud provider, as well as experience running production databases and work queue systems. They also have experience with a service oriented architecture, and have experience with scale, concurrency, fault tolerance, and idempotency.
What You’ll Do
- Help define and implement Ramp's cloud infrastructure and architecture
- Work with product teams to determine shortcomings and build features into the engineering platform
- Create modular pieces of infrastructure within terraform
- Find solutions to Ramp's toughest scaling, performance, and big data problems
- Participate in an On Call rotation to solve critical production events
What You Need
- Track record of shipping high quality architectures for critical systems
- Deep production experience in AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Empathy for product engineers we support, including the Card and Risk teams
- An ability to think through customer requirements and come up with high-impact ways to quickly solve their problems
Nice to Haves
- Object oriented programing language
- Experience with Redshift, Snowflake
- Experience with Airflow, Dagster, or Prefect
- SQL knowledge and database performance
- Experience with Celery, RabbitMQ, Kafka, SQS
- Experience as a product engineer, our main customer
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- 401k (including employer match)
- Parental Leave
- Unlimited PTO
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Annual education reimbursement
- Relocation support