Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 6000 businesses are spending an average of 3.3% less and closing their books 8 times faster, thanks to Ramp’s finance automation platform that enables billions of dollars of purchases each year.
Founded in 2019, Ramp has seen nearly 10x year-over-year growth which has led to a valuation of $8.1 billion in just over 3 years. Its investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The team is made up of talented leaders from some of the leading financial services and fintech companies—Capital One, Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Visa—as well as high-growth technology companies like Facebook, Spotify, Zendesk, Uber, Dropbox, and Instacart. Recently named Fast Company’s most innovative finance company, Ramp is NYC’s fastest-growing startup and America’s fastest-growing corporate card.
About the Role
Ramp’s first Sales Engineer will be on the frontlines working to establish partnerships with large and complex Enterprise customers. This person is critical to Ramp’s growth. You’ll be identifying new features to help acquire new business, and building solutions for existing customers so that Ramp continues to scale with their needs.
As one of the first Sales Engineers at Ramp, you will act as the technical subject matter expert and design solutions that address the customer’s needs through Ramp and partner integrations. You will help define the customer’s go-live success criteria and work in collaboration with the Product team to design scalable solutions that result in more value to customers.
What You'll Do
- Help hunt new logos and map out the Enterprise product roadmap as the key technical lead on the Enterprise platform team
- Work closely with the sales team, effectively communicating Ramp’s product benefits and features to customers by delivering tailored product demonstrations and sales presentations.
- Via customer discovery, you will assess requirements and determine Ramp fit through use-cases, cost-benefit/ROI analysis, and technical competencies.
- Support the sales cycle through educating customers on detailed product functionality and best practices.
- Work with the customer to problem-solve technical hurdles during the sales process and propose effective product implementations for each customer with a deep understanding of the full range of integration and configuration options
- Work directly with onboarding specialists to support more complex technical implementations of Ramp
- You will have the opportunity to help build and refine the Engineering team’s process with Enterprise clients and define the customer strategy that fuels our growth!
- Propose effective product implementations for each customer with a deep understanding of the full range of integration and configuration options
- Partner closely with the product team to ensure customer feedback and pain points are heard, reviewed, and prioritized when needed
What You'll Need
- Ability to turn business and product ideas into engineering solutions
- 5+ years in solutions consulting or implementing business SaaS solutions and using APIs
- Ability to operate as a team member or individual contributor with minimal supervision
- Exceptional with organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Ability to anticipate customers’ needs and position product solutions accordingly
- High adaptability and understanding of change within the evolution of a startup
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, finance or accounting