Traditional corporate cards were designed to make you spend more with complex rewards programs that encourage wasteful spending. In contrast, Ramp’s mission is to increase the lifespan of businesses with intelligence & automation designed for high-performing finance teams. We make financial rigor easy by enabling real-time visibility and understanding of every dollar spent. Over 1,000 customers are now using Ramp for over $1 billion in annualized transaction volume.
Ramp was founded in 2019 by the same team who built, scaled, and sold Paribus to Capital One. We are the fastest growing NYC startup, having achieved a unicorn valuation of $1.6 billion in less than 2 years. Ramp has raised $320 million in funding from investors including Stripe, Goldman Sachs, Founders Fund, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners and Thrive Capital, as well as over 50 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies.
About the Role
Ramp is, at its core, an engineering company, and is on a mission to build the best engineering team in NYC! We are looking for full stack and platform engineering interns (12 weeks) who are excited to be part of our early story and help us build a diverse and vibrant tech community in the city. We hire engineers with a broad set of technical skills, who are highly cross-functional, and eager to solve a wide range of engineering challenges. Our ideal candidate has a strong sense of ownership and enjoys owning projects from inception to scaling it in production. We value people who take pride in their work, and show an aptitude for learning quickly whether they’re familiar with our stack or not. As an early employee, you'll be working with a nimble team of committed and talented engineers and having a large, long-term impact on technical design and engineering culture.
What You'll Do
- Build performant and scalable platforms and services powering Ramp’s innovative products
- Contribute to Ramp’s financial products platform (Risk, Fraud, Treasury Management) and/or savings and web-app platform (Savings Insights, Receipt Matching)
- Work closely with product and business teams to understand customer feedback in order to constantly improve our product
- Help establish and influence engineering process, tools, and systems that will allow us to scale the code base, productivity, and the team
What You'll Need
- Currently pursuing a B.S. (or higher) in Computer Science or a related technical field, with an expected graduation date in 2021 or 2022
- Track record of shipping high quality products and features or a portfolio of side projects
- Ability to turn business and product ideas into engineering solutions
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, continuously grow, and master your craft
- Alignment with Ramp’s core values of enabling businesses to grow more by spending less
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with or desire to learn our tech stack which includes, but not limited to: Flask (Python), Elixir, AWS, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL
- Passion for, or curiosity to learn, financial technology
About Our Teams
- Unlimited PTO
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Monthly wellness stipend