Ramp is building the modern financial stack that enables companies to accelerate growth without compromising on their finances. We’re on a mission to uncover and eliminate waste before it can undermine our customer’s goals and make financial rigor easy by enabling real-time visibility and understanding of every dollar spent. Ramp was founded by the same team who built, scaled, and sold Paribus to Capital One, enabling automated savings on online purchases and putting over $100 million back in consumers’ pockets every year. We are backed by Founders Fund, Coatue, and Box Group, and more than 50 founders of leading companies.
About the Role
As Ramp builds out its partnerships organization, we are looking for a Product Partnerships dealmaker who will own our product partner and API strategy. Product partnerships will help Ramp expand our product offering, improve the client experience, and spur growth for Ramp and our partners. We’re looking for someone who is excellent at building relationships, is hyper-organized at managing complex projects, and skilled at getting cross-functional teams like product and marketing to work toward a unified and measurable goal. This role will involve close partnership with our product, sales, ops, and marketing teams, as we work closely with our most strategic partners to jointly build out new product features, streamline user experiences, and go to market hand-in-hand.
What You’ll Do
- The Product Partnerships Manager is responsible for the success of their partnerships and will define the KPIs and growth targets by which we will measure success. Each partnership will be unique, and the goals and objectives will morph as we grow as a business.
- The entire deal process will be your responsibility, from finding the right partners, negotiating the deals, rallying internal teams behind your vision, closing, and launching the partnership.
- You’ll be responsible for understanding how Ramp’s product works, and work closely with the Product team to problem solve and deliver on Ramp’s objectives by leveraging third parties.
- You’ll partner with the Marketing team to develop robust co-marketing campaign strategies with partners with defined goals and KPIs.
- Identify and develop new offerings to collaborate with our partners to drive industry leadership and new business opportunities.
- Monitor overall profitability of Partnership business lines.
- Engage partners via product updates & QBRs (for high-priority partners), amplify Ramp’s brand, and position Ramp as thought leader via webinars and co-marketing.
- Negotiate amendments and renewals to contracts as the partnerships grow and evolve with changing business priorities on both Ramp and the partners’ side.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Business Development or Partnership Management
- Experience closing and managing product partnerships, ideally related to financial technology
- Clear communication, structured thinking, organization and project management skills
- Experience defining user friendly product experiences in collaboration with product and technical teams
- Strong collaborator who can build relationships across the company internally and with partners
- Strong negotiation skills, with an emphasis on driving partner value
- Experience with Partner Marketing and Activation with a proven track record of relationship building and management
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in high growth startups
- Experience within financial technology
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage (for you, and partially covered for your dependents)
- 401k (including employer match)
- Unlimited PTO
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Annual education reimbursement
- Relocation support