Ramp is building the modern financial stack that enables companies to accelerate growth without compromising on their finances. We’re on a mission to uncover and eliminate waste before it can undermine our customer’s goals and make financial rigor easy by enabling real-time visibility and understanding of every dollar spent. Ramp was founded by the same team who built, scaled, and sold Paribus to Capital One, enabling automated savings on online purchases and putting over $100 million back in consumers’ pockets every year. We are backed by Founders Fund, Coatue, and Box Group, and more than 50 founders of leading companies.
About the Role
As Ramp builds out its partnerships organization, we are looking for our first Strategic Partner Manager who will own our most strategic and high-value partner relationships. Often, striking the deal is only a small fraction of the work, and the execution of the partnership is where the real work gets done. We’re looking for someone who is excellent at building relationships, is hyper-organized at managing complex projects, and skilled at getting cross-functional teams like product and marketing to work toward a unified and measurable goal. This role will involve close partnership with our product, sales, ops, and marketing teams, as we work closely with our most strategic partners to jointly build out new product features, streamline user experiences, and go to market hand-in-hand.
What You’ll Do
- The Strategic Partner Manager is responsible for the success of their partnerships and will define the KPIs and growth targets by which we will measure success. Each partnership will be unique, and the goals and objectives will morph as we grow as a business.
- Build relationships at all levels of the partner’s organization, and understand when to escalate, how to find creative solutions, and how to rally teams in both organizations behind a common goal.
- Build trust in the partnerships, manage situations where you will not have direct control over the teams responsible for building or eroding that trust. You will be responsible when there are problems that get escalated to the business leadership
- Partner with Marketing to develop robust co-marketing campaign strategies with partners with defined goals and KPIs
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering on roadmap development to drive partner growth and engagement
- Identify and develop new offerings to collaborate with our partners to drive industry leadership and new business opportunities
- Monitor overall profitability of Partnership business lines
- Engage partners via product updates & QBRs (for high-priority partners), amplify Ramp’s brand, and position Ramp as thought leader via webinars and co-marketing
- Negotiate amendments and renewals to contracts
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Business Development or Partnership Management
- Clear communication, structured thinking, organization and project management skills
- Experience defining user friendly product experiences in collaboration with product and technical teams
- Strong collaborator who can build relationships across the company internally and with partners
- Strong negotiation skills, with an emphasis on driving partner value
- Experience with Partner Marketing and Activation with a proven track record of relationship building and management
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in high growth startups
- Experience within financial technology
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage (for you, and partially covered for your dependents)
- 401k (including employer match)
- Unlimited PTO
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Annual education reimbursement
- Relocation support