Rakuten Rewards is looking for talented and creative Android Engineer to join our team in San Diego office.
Rakuten Rewards offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2017, members spent over $10 billion on Rakuten Rewards' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2017, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Rakuten Rewards!
Rakuten Rewards is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is a very progressive company providing Rakuten Rewards with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply below!
- Design and implement our flagship Android app which is used by hundreds of thousands of users every day
- Work closely with Product Managers and UX Designers to flesh out details and execute on requirements, with a keen eye towards quality and automated testing
- Work with backend teams to develop robust end to end features
- Make others better through mentoring and promoting a collaborative team culture
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related environment
- Experience with Java and knowledge of Android design patterns
- 3 plus years building native applications for Android devices
- Portfolio of published applications on Github and/or Play Store
- Experience working with other Android developers as part of a team
- Experience with entire product lifecycle duties in an Agile environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Kotlin
- Portfolio of Android applications on Github and/or Play Store
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Rakuten Rewards are considered property of Rakuten Rewards and are not subject to payment of agency fees.