Ebates Canada is looking for a Web Developer work with our Lead Full-Stack Web Developer to add new features and improve the Ebates.ca user experience. The position will be working on web development for Ebates Canada (Ebates.ca) which is a consumer-focused, live, high traffic website. Work will include creating new pages, adding features, investigating and fixing existing bugs, improving the code base and writing unit tests. You will also be responsible for supporting and creating new pages and applications for the existing web site and infrastructure, as well as implementing new technologies in the front end as they become available on the back-end platform.
- Work with the Lead Web Engineer to assist with running a high traffic website with 99.9% availability.
- Implement new functionality per the proposed plan by senior architects and engineers
- Working knowledge of frontend frameworks like: Bootstrap, jQuery plugin development, design patterns and NodeJS & build automation tools like: Webpack, Gulp, Grunt.
- Implement full stack features end to end utilizing a mix of backend and frontend architectures, fix display issues on the site, investigate errors/bugs in code
- Add test cases and suggest new methods for automation
- Suggest new technologies, prototype and present them to the senior team
- Experience in AWS deployments and setup a plus
- Ability to read and analyze logs from multiple sources including loggly, new relic, catchpoint then pin point them to the code in question
- Must have completed a bachelors degree in Computer Science
- Must have proven experience in web development
- Familiar with responsive design, mobile optimized webpages, AJAX
- Working knowledge of java, j2ee, mvc frameworks and spring mvc
- Experience writing jUnit test cases or other testing framework
- Able to work in a team, open to suggestions, quick learner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, self-driven and adheres to timeliness.
- Basic knowledge of databases SQL, Linux command line, JIRA and source control
- Knowledge of or experience with Agile / SCRUM methodologies
- AWS deployment and architecture knowledge a plus, k8tes, jenkins
Join Rakuten Rewards (formerly known as Ebates) and enjoy a fast-paced, friendly environment where creativity and teamwork are valued and results are recognized. We’re headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area and have 12 offices worldwide. Our group of companies includes ShopStyle and Cartera Commerce.
As part of the Rakuten Rewards team, you’ll experience the best of both worlds: a large, profitable, multinational company with the rapid growth and agility of a startup.
Please note that only those applicants who qualify will be contacted. Only applicants who are currently legally able to work in Canada need apply.