Rakuten Medical, Inc. is a global biotechnology company developing precision, cell-targeting investigational therapies on its Illuminox™ technology platform, which, in pre-clinical studies have been shown to induce rapid and selective cell killing and tumor necrosis. Illuminox therapies have not yet been approved as safe or effective by any regulatory authority.
The company’s first investigational product developed on the Illuminox platform, ASP-1929, has achieved Fast Track designation from the FDA and Sakigake Designation from the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare, and is currently the subject of a global phase 3 clinical trial for recurrent head and neck cancer.
Rakuten Medical is committed to its mission to conquer cancer and aims to realize a society where cancer patients can lead fulfilling lives. Headquartered in the United States, Rakuten Medical has 6 locations in 5 countries, Japan, the Netherlands, Germany and Taiwan. For more information, visit www.rakuten-med.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is passionate about science and wants to make a positive impact on cancer patients. This is a remote, contract position with a highly flexible schedule to support the scientific writing needs (abstracts, posters, manuscripts) of the Global Medical Affairs- Scientific Communications team. No pharma/biotech writing experience required, however, the ideal candidate will have excellent scientific writing skills as demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications focused on translational research in the areas of immunology or immuno-oncology.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Support development of pre-clinical and clinical publications
- Draft, edit, and submit abstracts, posters, slide presentations, and manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed journals
- Support development of slide decks
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Education, Skills and Experience
- PhD required, additional post-doctoral experience is a plus
- No pharma/biotech writing experience necessary, however, excellent scientific writing skills as demonstrated with peer-reviewed publications is required
- Expertise in translational research focused on immunology or immuno-oncology is required
- Ability to critically evaluate scientific data and effectively communicate complex scientific ideas in a clear and concise manner to a broad audience
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, EndNote, etc)
- This is a contract position for up to one year
- Up to 25 hours/week
Rakuten Medical Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.