Job Title: Marketing Manager, APAC - Full Time
Location: CBD Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia
Reporting to: Director, Marketing & Strategy
Salary: $90,000 AUD
The Marketing Manager, APAC role will be to support the APAC Marketing team and business expansion by executing marketing activities based in Australia and Asia. You will work as part of a local and international team, with varied responsibilities including event coordination and management, campaign planning and delivery, PR & Communications and general marketing operations.
This is a fast paced and results focused environment, so it is key that the successful candidate is able to hit the ground running and manage their own workload effectively, whilst supporting the Marketing Director and wider team with ad-hoc marketing activities.
Roles & Responsibilities
Event Coordination & Management
- Manage all hosted and sponsored APAC events through research, coordination and social activity
- Manage end-to-end production of smaller trade and client events including invite lists, pre, during and post activity.
- Support client / publisher events and communication
- Manage events calendar for Rakuten Marketing, ensuring it is up to date and communicated through the team
- Manage prospect lists, communication and support follow up and measurement
- Ensure post event reports are created and shared in a timely manner
- Support the delivery of campaigns through all stages of creative development, production and delivery
- Assist in the development of quality content and assets to support campaigns and thought leadership
- Communicate key campaign assets and messaging to the sales team
- Work closely with the wider marketing team to identify new ideas/opportunities for improvements
- Assist in post-campaign analysis and reporting
PR & Communications
- Assist in management of agency relationships, as an extension of the team, providing strategic direction and motivating them toward success
- Assist in industry responses and thought leadership campaigns
- Work with global marketing teams to align global corporate narrative
- Press release and media pitching reviews and approvals
- Manage direct client communication, including production of email newsletters, webinars and email campaigns
- Manage Rakuten Marketing’s APAC social activity, creating compelling social content that supports key campaigns and drives leads/downloads/registrations
- Manage and develop content for the Asia-Pacific owned media assets such as the company blog and social pages, in collaboration with the Content & PR manager for international
- Support the wider marketing teams on award submissions, demand generation activity, client gifting, brand activity and general marketing collateral
- Support sales enablement initiatives including case study creation and sales collateral
- Support product marketing initiatives
Technical /functional expertise
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role and or equivalent experience in event marketing, campaign management, or communications
- Ability to write engaging content, adjusted for the audience and the medium
- Experience using email marketing software, Excel, Powerpoint, Linkedin/Facebook/Twitter platforms a must
- Experience in day-to-day social media management
- Experience organising events, preferably including a mixture of small gatherings to large tradeshows
- A very high positive, can-do mentality even when under pressure
- Dependable and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Passionate and adaptive to change
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, coupled with the proven ability to set priorities and manage deadlines
- Ability to multi-task across different channels
- Fluent in English, with excellent interpersonal and follow-up skills
- Proficiency in Simplified or Traditional Chinese, or Korean languages is a bonus
- Detail-orientated and a strong desire to succeed and progress
- Likes to makes things happen, creatively solution-focused to do so
Understanding of the business
- Understanding of the online marketing sectors across APAC
- Discretionary annual bonus of up to 10%
- Pension, private health/dental, life insurance/critical illness cover and more
- Internal and external training and development opportunities
- Opportunity to collaborate with colleagues and clients in the American and European regions
- New open-plan office in the heart of the City with a catered breakfast and lunch 1x per week
- 5 min walk to Wynyard or Martin Place stations.
- Bonus Summer Vacations Days (subject to performance)
- Subsidised gym memberships
About Rakuten Marketing
Rakuten Marketing is the global leader in integrated marketing solutions. With 16 offices around the world, our integrated marketing solutions span affiliate, display and search. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, we have offices throughout the United States and in Australia, Brazil, Japan, Singapore, the United Kingdom, Germany and France. Rakuten Marketing empowers marketers to transcend the conventional and achieve the full potential of digital marketing. We deliver data-driven personalized ad experiences that engage consumers – across screens, platforms and traditional publishers – and influence them to purchase. Our commitment to transparency provides consumer journey insights that allow us to continually optimize for performance.
Rakuten Global: Rakuten Group is one of the world’s leading internet service companies, providing a variety of consumer and business-focused services including e-commerce, e-reading, travel, banking, securities, credit card, e-money, portal and media, online marketing and professional sports. Rakuten is expanding globally and currently has operations throughout Asia, Western Europe and the Americas. Founded in 1997, Rakuten is headquartered in Tokyo, with over 10,000 employees and partner staff worldwide.
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.