An exciting, growing, and profitable marketing technology company in the e-commerce sector is looking for an Accounts Receivable Manager to join its Salt Lake finance and accounting department. We seek a motivated individual with significant B2B collections experience who is ready to lead a small team of A/R analysts. The right candidate will have excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills, and a business-minded view of the accounts receivable cycle.
Accounts Receivable Manager Responsibilities:
- Monitor and review customer receivables and facilitate collection by managing 3-5 A/R analysts with the primary responsibility to collect from clients and provide insight into A/R aging
- Develops, trains and manages performance of AR analysts according to company procedures
- Organize the A/R function, establish and implement best practices
- Monitor KPI’s and utilize metrics to drive efficiency
- Understand the cash application process and work closely with that function, potentially managing cash applications within the A/R group.
- Interface with sales and billing to investigate and correct discrepancies
- Work hand in hand with other accounting functions, creating synergies and driving a broader sense of teamwork.
- Research over/short payments
- Ensure documentation of all collection attempts in notes
- Take ownership of the A/R aging, including running the aging report from SAP, understanding and explaining variances in the report
- Calculate and explain key A/R related metrics including DSO. Understand and monitor the effectiveness of the team, both individually and combined, using metrics.
- Utilize various systems and programs to perform duties, including SAP, Salesforce, Microsoft Excel/Word/Outlook, as well as other proprietary systems.
- Assistance with ad hoc projects as necessary, and any other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 7-10+ years of hands-on collections & A/R experience, preferably in an international setting.
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable, with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with employees and clients
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet processing deadlines.
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills
- Knowledge of key systems preferred, including SAP and SalesForce.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required, including Word, Outlook, and Excel (intermediate level)
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timelines
About Rakuten Marketing: Rakuten Marketing is the global leader in integrated marketing solutions. With 16 offices around the world, our integrated marketing solutions span affiliate, display and search. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, we have offices throughout the United States and in Australia, Brazil, Japan, Singapore, the United Kingdom, Germany and France. Rakuten Marketing empowers marketers to transcend the conventional and achieve the full potential of digital marketing. We deliver data-driven personalized ad experiences that engage consumers – across screens, platforms and traditional publishers – and influence them to purchase. Our commitment to transparency provides consumer journey insights that allow us to continually optimize for performance.
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.