Manage a portfolio of clients to implement a thorough, profitable and efficient Display strategy to meet and exceed client goals. Grow the business revenue through innovative and strong client relationship management.
Roles & responsibilities
- Manage and own a portfolio of clients across social and programmatic Display.
- Establish and maintain regular and appropriate communication with the key contact(s) for the client through face to face meetings, emails and calls.
- Support new business launches efficiently to meet business requirements and set clear expectations.
- Ensure that clients are managed profitably. Provide strategic plans and advice to support the client’s business goals, leveraging cross strategy and cross-channel where appropriate.
- Retain existing clients and manage dispute resolution with support of Senior Manager.
- Escalate, where necessary, key challenges to Senior Manager to ensure client satisfaction.
- Plan and deliver performance analysis and strategy planning in regular Account Review face-to-face presentations.
- Acting as an expert to educate and advise clients on Rakuten Marketing technology and products, as well as being knowledgeable of the industry and best practices.
- Troubleshoot client’s technical issues, and file support tech tickets to resolve.
- Owning client budgets and forecasting for your portfolio, with Senior Manager support.
- Manage client billing with internal department to ensure budgets are maintained and invoices processes are followed.
- Maintain and update client performance through reporting and analysis, stored in internal systems.
- Liaise with relevant teams internally, including Ad Operations, Media Buyers, Creative Operations and Analytics to deliver against client expectations.
- Work with global operations team to deliver against client needs, utilising resource where available for effective time management against SLA’s.
- Work with other channel counterparts, where relevant, to provide full Rakuten Marketing experience to clients
- Developing, maintaining, and extending relationships internally and knowledge sharing within wider team
Technical / Functional expertise
- 2+ years of programmatic experience including client services (agency, client or consulting)
- BA degree in a relevant field preferred
- Competent in Microsoft Office programs - particularly Excel (intermediate) and PowerPoint
- Strong experience in managing client relationships, reinforced by building trust, advising and upselling
- Good project management skills
- Web literate (tracking analytics and methods)
- Highly organised, self-motivated, good time-management, able to prioritise
- Think creatively, has a problem-solving approach and uses professional judgment
- Proactive - continually looking for ways to grow and improve within own role
- Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Inquisitive approach to continuously learning on the job
- Strong customer services skills: Negotiation, diplomacy, able to translate client requirements into technical specifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Confident interpersonal skills
- Analytical and Strategic Marketing: Demonstrate success in measuring results and setting, meeting, and exceeding aggressive quantitative goals.
- Proof that you can set and surpass KPI targets
- Reliable and able to work independently on targets
- A real team player that is able to integrate and work closely with an enthusiastic team
Understanding of the business
- Strong understanding of digital marketing concepts / channels, particularly Programmatic Display Marketing
About Rakuten Marketing: Rakuten Marketing is the global leader in integrated marketing solutions. With 16 offices around the world, our integrated marketing solutions span affiliate, display and search. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, we have offices throughout the United States and in Australia, Brazil, Japan, Singapore, the United Kingdom, Germany and France. Rakuten Marketing empowers marketers to transcend the conventional and achieve the full potential of digital marketing. We deliver data-driven personalized ad experiences that engage consumers – across screens, platforms and traditional publishers – and influence them to purchase. Our commitment to transparency provides consumer journey insights that allow us to continually optimize for performance.
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.