Senior Manager, Analytics
Cross Functional Oversight
Responsible for developing and leading highly skilled analysts on cross functional initiatives throughout the Rakuten Marketing organization. Establish, manage, and coordinate relationships with all levels of leadership and other functional areas such as but not limited to Client Services, Sales, Publisher Partnerships, and Product to create, innovate, and optimize analytics capabilities for Rakuten Marketing. Focus on the development of advanced insights capabilities and solutions that differentiate and/or enhance Rakuten Marketing with its advertiser and/or publisher client base. Provide expertise and direction as it relates to affiliate analytics solutions/services both internally and externally.
- Oversee and manage the pipeline of RFPs and/or client implementations on behalf of Campaign Optimization in collaboration with the Launch, Sales, and Client Services teams.
- Support Campaign Optimization leadership with key client relationship building and overall project management of externally focused analytic deliverables for prospects, new, and key client accounts.
- Support Campaign Optimization leadership with evolving existing and designing new, innovative and advanced analytical solutions; managing/overseeing the process from discovery to implementation.
- Support and/or coordinate with various internal business units of Rakuten Marketing to ensure effective business analytic representation/consideration.
- Train, mentor, and develop highly skilled analysts ensuring their ability to effectively complete deliverables during peak times with heavy workloads, be vocal strategic partners with their clients, as well as effectively lead/support on internal as well as cross functional projects
- Partner with analysts to further develop required skills and competencies to master their current role as well as strive towards their next developmental goal.
- Educate and enforce the adoption of Campaign Optimization methodologies, tools, and templates to allow for the successful execution of analytic deliverables as well as utilization of self-service reporting solutions. Support the ongoing development of the Campaign Optimization group capabilities by sharing innovative approaches and solutions with the broader team.
- Participate in various activities to support the growth of the Campaign Optimization group including:
- Development of appropriate documentation regarding analytic approaches, metric definitions, etc.
- Other Campaign Optimization group projects as directed by the Campaign Optimization group leadership.
Required Skills and Experience:
Candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in analytics/reporting and 3 years’ experience managing a team and/or process directly/indirectly. Successful candidates may bring experience from an agency, client, or consulting environment. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Analytical Skills – Analyzing and synthesizing information to understand issues and identify options. Able to translate business requirements into reporting/analysis requirements. Ability to utilize / expand prospective business models.
- Technical Abilities - Expertise in Excel and PowerPoint 2007/2010. Strong experience with Pivot Tables, macros, VBA and SQL. Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence. Experience with Python and/or R Studio a plus.
- Managing Diverse Relationships – Ability to relate well to a wide variety of diverse styles of people, types, and classes; open to differences; effective up, down, sideways, inside, and outside; builds diverse networks; quick to find common ground; treats differences fairly and equitably; treats everyone as a preferred customer.
- Organizing and Planning - Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work, balancing resources, skills, priorities and timescales to achieve objectives.
- Adaptability - Ability to respond and adapt to changing circumstances and to manage, solve problems and provide solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
- Communicating Effectively – Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
- Team Player – Proven ability to manage strong working relationships within the company. Able to complete tasks and work cooperatively with others.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Plan for Contingencies – Able to proactively identify potential problems and create contingency plans or “work-arounds” to implement if problems occur.
- Understanding the Business – Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understands various types of business propositions and understands how businesses operate in general; learns new methods and technologies easily. Understands the organization’s business model and competitive position in the marketplace.
- Keeping on Point – Can quickly separate the mission-critical from the nice to dos and the trivial; quickly senses what's the next most useful thing to work on; focuses on the critical few tasks that really add value and puts aside or delays the rest.
- Influencing and Negotiation Abilities – Promote ideas and persuasively shape stakeholder opinions and negotiate skillfully to create the best outcome possible. Negotiate win-win solutions.
- Detailed Oriented – Is well organized and resourceful, has the ability to reduce a complex concept or task into something that is manageable and clearly interpreted. Is able to get things done with less and in less time; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around obstacles.
- Leads by Example – Ability to serve as a role model for the organization’s values; takes responsibility for delivering on commitment; gives proper credit to others; acknowledges own mistakes rather than blaming others.
- High Impact Delivery – Ability to deliver clear, convincing, and well-organized presentations; project credibility and poise even in highly visible, adversarial situations.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Focusing on Action and Outcomes - Ability to attack everything with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom line; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; drives to finish everything he/she starts.
- Driving Execution – Ability to assign clear authority and accountability; direct change while maintaining operating effectiveness; integrate and align efforts across units and functions; Monitor results; Tackle problems directly and with dispatch.
- Evaluating and Deploying People accurately - Ability to read people accurately; can diagnose strengths, weaknesses, and potential; knows what skills are required to fill a job or role; hires the best
- Recognizes business priorities - Ability to track the changing needs and expectations of potential customers. Identifies links between internal demands and external needs.
About Rakuten Marketing: Rakuten Marketing is the global leader in integrated marketing solutions. With 16 offices around the world, our integrated marketing solutions span affiliate, display and search. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, we have offices throughout the United States and in Australia, Brazil, Japan, Singapore, the United Kingdom, Germany and France. Rakuten Marketing empowers marketers to transcend the conventional and achieve the full potential of digital marketing. We deliver data-driven personalized ad experiences that engage consumers – across screens, platforms and traditional publishers – and influence them to purchase. Our commitment to transparency provides consumer journey insights that allow us to continually optimize for performance.
Rakuten Global: Rakuten Group is one of the world’s leading internet service companies, providing a variety of consumer and business-focused services including e-commerce, e-reading, travel, banking, securities, credit card, e-money, portal and media, online marketing and professional sports. Rakuten is expanding globally and currently has operations throughout Asia, Western Europe and the Americas. Founded in 1997, Rakuten is headquartered in Tokyo, with over 10,000 employees and partner staff worldwide. To learn more, we invite you to visit our global home.
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.