Analyst, Campaign Optimization
Responsible for the development and execution of analyses that address specific client issues or initiatives. Proactively identify trends and issues utilizing a range of analytic techniques and tools. Liaise with client services, network development, and operational personnel to ensure the appropriateness of underlying assumptions and interpretations. Provide expertise and direction as it relates to client analytics solutions/services both internally and externally.
- Develop and deliver client analytics and reporting activities, support client relationship building, and overall project management of externally focused analytic deliverables.
- Develop and refine methodologies, tools and templates to allow for the successful execution of analytic deliverables. Support the ongoing development of the Campaign Optimization group capabilities by sharing innovative approaches and solutions with the broader team
- Participate in various activities to support the growth of the Campaign Optimization group including:
- Development of content and participating in the delivery of training to the Account Management function
- Development and maintenance of appropriate documentation regarding analytic approaches, metric definitions, etc.
- Other Campaign Optimization group projects as directed by Campaign Optimization leadership.
Required Skills and Experience:
Candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience in analytics/reporting. Successful candidates may bring experience from an agency, client, or consulting environment. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Analytical Skills – Analyzing and synthesizing information to understand issues and identify options. Able to translate business requirements into reporting/analysis requirements.
- Technical Abilities - Expertise in Excel and PowerPoint 2007/2010. Intermediate experience with Pivot Tables, macros, VBA and SQL desired. Familiarity with Oracle Business Intelligence, Python, R Studio a plus.
- Managing Diverse Relationships – Ability to relate well to a wide variety of diverse styles of people, types, and classes; open to differences; effective up, down, sideways, inside, and outside; builds diverse networks; quick to find common ground; treats differences fairly and equitably; treats everyone as a preferred customer.
- Organizing and Planning - Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work, balancing resources, skills, priorities and timescales to achieve objectives.
- Adaptability - Ability to respond and adapt to changing circumstances and to manage, solve problems and provide solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
- Communicating Effectively – Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
- Team Player – Proven ability to manage strong working relationships within the company. Able to complete tasks and work cooperatively with others.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Plan for Contingencies – Able to proactively identify potential problems and create contingency plans or “work-arounds” to implement if problems occur.
- Understanding the Business – Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understands various types of business propositions and understands how businesses operate in general; learns new methods and technologies easily. Understands the organization’s business model and competitive position in the marketplace.
About Rakuten Marketing: Rakuten Marketing is the global leader in integrated marketing solutions. With 16 offices around the world, our integrated marketing solutions span affiliate, display and search. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, we have offices throughout the United States and in Australia, Brazil, Japan, Singapore, the United Kingdom, Germany and France. Rakuten Marketing empowers marketers to transcend the conventional and achieve the full potential of digital marketing. We deliver data-driven personalized ad experiences that engage consumers – across screens, platforms and traditional publishers – and influence them to purchase. Our commitment to transparency provides consumer journey insights that allow us to continually optimize for performance.
Rakuten Global: Rakuten Group is one of the world’s leading internet service companies, providing a variety of consumer and business-focused services including e-commerce, e-reading, travel, banking, securities, credit card, e-money, portal and media, online marketing and professional sports. Rakuten is expanding globally and currently has operations throughout Asia, Western Europe and the Americas. Founded in 1997, Rakuten is headquartered in Tokyo, with over 10,000 employees and partner staff worldwide. To learn more, we invite you to visit our global home.
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.