Rakuten Group is one of the world's leading Internet service companies, providing a variety of consumer and business focused services including e-commerce, eBooks, travel, banking and a host of other services. Rakuten Group is expanding globally and currently has operations throughout Asia, Europe, the Americas, and Oceania.
Rakuten Marketing/Rakuten Intelligence is seeking an experienced information security leader with proficiency in governance, compliance, and privacy to help build and improve the information security program for Rakuten Marketing/Rakuten Intelligence globally.
This position reports to the VP of Policy and Compliance/Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) of Rakuten Marketing. The position works closely with the Rakuten Marketing and Rakuten Intelligence CISOs and other security leaders in Rakuten.
Key Rakuten Marketing/Rakuten Intelligence Activities
- Lead the implementation of information security governance and compliance efforts to improve the company security architecture and posture.
- Define and implement policy, procedures, processes and other controls based on security frameworks and parent company information security regulations.
- Manage internal security compliance assessments
- Assess security risks and drive information security remediation and improvement efforts
- Merge and rationalize the RM/RI incident management programs and occasionally manage the response to individual incidents
- Provide KPIs and recurring reports and communicate risk to managers
- Develop relationships with internal security groups at various levels within Rakuten to advance the security mission
- Work with CISO on initiatives and ongoing communication to build a security culture
- Support privacy compliance activities
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in Information Security/Compliance
- Ability to balance needs of business and security and think in terms of ROI
- Ability to clearly communicate risk to upper management and other key stakeholders.
- Ablility to adapt style to business, tech, and security audiences
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral, written, presentation) skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with internal & external audits
- Professional information security consulting experience
- Working knowledge and experience with information security standards, rules and regulations related to information security and data confidentiality (e.g. ISO, HIPAA, PCI DSS).
- ISO 27001 experience preferred.
- CISA, CISSP, CISM or other information security certifications
See what it's like working at our Crimson House West campus in San Mateo, CA!
Rakuten may choose to consider applicants that require some form of company sponsorship to work in the United States at its sole discretion, based on business needs.
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.