Global Account Manager
The role of Global Account Manager is instrumental in making the Global Account successful through healthy financial management, great relationships with Global Clients, effective project coordination / management, and positive overall influence within the team. Each day is different, so the Global Account Manager is able to read situations, predict needs, and offer a solution to problems that may arise.
The Account Manager also contributes to the development of the Account through participation in the Business development plan.
Global Account Manager: Areas of Expertise
Our business is fast-moving, and each situation requires a creative, tailored and effective approach, the below outlines broad responsibilities of the Global Account Manager, but most importantly the expertise required to pivot as necessary and be successful in the long run.
The Global Account Manager is responsible for financially leading, planning/forecasting for, and monitoring his/her accounts throughout the year. Estimating, reconciling and billing global projects, supporting team in their billing of day to day projects promptly as well as documenting within Finance system.
Client liaison & Development:
The Global Account Manager:
- Proactively and regularly keeps in touch with their Global clients, builds and grows the relationship
- Manages clients’ expectations and proposes solutions to challenging situations.
- Maintains a healthy balance between fulfilling client requirements, advising them as to the best approach to campaigns/projects, and guides them through the adaptation process.
- Helps educate clients who seem to require support, with help from Account directors.
- Works towards gaining awareness of clients’ business and planned work – 6 months ahead.
- Documents learnings from working with their assigned clients and partners in Rakuten Group.
Manage the Account(s):
Project planning and management sits at the heart of Account Manager’s role. From planning ahead to final project delivery and closure – Account Managers are responsible for smooth day to day functioning of work – including:
- Planning ahead for upcoming projects and pre-empting delays or problems that may arise.
- Consulting with expert/support team as necessary.
- Receiving, interpreting, and consolidating Client’s briefs.
- Briefing projects into various stakeholders.
- Setting-up and managing project timelines in partnership with all BUs.
- Communicating across all internal departments and ensuring smooth job flow.
- Completing quality checks delivering projects efficiently.
- Tracking and documenting all projects for future reference.
Analysing challenges, proactively offering solutions and getting help necessary to come up with a solution.
In addition to an individual contribution, the Global Account Manager engages in the collective success of the account team, by focusing on the links between and the various parts.
- Relationship with expert teams
- Developing relationships with other BUs in different regions in the Group : Marketplace, Kobo, RTV, Viki, REB, Rak-Insights, Rak-Intelligence, RM, Viber, etc.
- Working alongside them, considering them as valued partners, and cultivate a sense of shared responsibility and mission.
Good communication is essential for the Account Manager, and absolutely necessary to ensure smooth workflow. The Account Manager communicates efficiently with the Client and internal Partners. Some of the core requirements for communication are ;
- Pressure-testing what the Clients ask for, and interpretation into what Clients need.
- Identifying and communicating with the relevant stakeholders.
- Keeping Account Directors in the know regarding on-going projects.
- Communicating with internal teams.
- Sharing learning with the rest of the team by documenting knowledge.
- Helping the team become more collaborative through participation.
Takes new initiatives and inspires new ways of thinking:
Our Global Account Managers always strive to find new, innovative ways of approaching Client problems, and answering Client briefs. They create an environment in which the spirit of creation can flourish and classic, linear ways of working are broken down. They lead the Loop and know how to express our creativity, beyond just ads. These expressions could be a big high profile win, or a series of baby steps; the key is our account directors are persistent and ceaseless in their desire to do things differently.
Global Mindset and Culturally Sensitive:
Our Global Account managers have an instinctive, gut feel for cultural propriety and know who to go to when they’re in doubt. They are skilled at turning culturally sensitive issues around quickly, without compromising the creative idea.
Location: London, but open to other European cities
Eligible to work in UK/EU
Years of Working Experience: 3+ years in online/direct marketing with a strong focus on client service
Experience on Global Accounts is a plus
Someone who has managed CPG accounts is highly preferred
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.