Publisher Development Manager, Publisher Team, Financial Services
Location – New York or San Mateo
The Publisher Team consists of two main functions, Acquisition and Development. The Publisher Acquisition component focuses primarily on acquiring new Publisher opportunities in distinct markets, verticals and categories, increasing available audiences and helping to maximize demand opportunities globally. By understanding business needs and strategy,the goal is to recruit and onboard inventory, that matches the needs of the business, with the best possible commercial relationships. Responsibilities include Marketing sizing & analysis (Lead Generation); Publisher Recruitment and Publisher On-boarding. The Regional Publisher Development function exists to maximize Publisher opportunities, discovering audiences that match demand side needs, & assist with acquiring new Publisher opportunities, with the goal of increasing overall yield for a region. The Developing Publisher team are closely aligned with the Client Services team, working as a partner they help high potential partners to scale across our networks.
The Publisher Development Manager will be responsible for the discovery and development of new Publisher opportunities and partnerships particularly in Financial Services, Travel, and other key verticals. Reporting to the Director of Partnerships, Financial Services Lead, they will partner to develop a pipeline of key publisher opportunities in developing verticals (Finance, Content, Travel, etc.). They will manage their own pipeline, targets and priorities aligned with the goals of our Sales and Client Services teams.
- Be responsible for Publisher recruitment and on-boarding for Rakuten networks and products
- Maintain and secure a pipeline of key targets using Salesforce, and work towards acquisition and revenue goals set for the Publisher Group (Achieve reach, revenue and other key metric targets in line with set budgets and KPIs)
- Plan and meet with key strategic partnership & affiliates with a focus on key verticals
- Point of escalation for resolving publisher issues, supported by wider back office function (Publisher Support)
- Establish and maintain regular and appropriate communication with the key contact(s) for the partner through webinars, meetings, emails, calls and support tickets
- Partner closely with the Director as well as key internal and external stakeholders, to develop the pipeline and recruitment strategies
- Represent Rakuten Marketing at external facing events (tradeshows and events)
- Oversee the growth and development of a larger group portfolio, with the goal of driving new active partnerships (click and order active)
- Offer marketing support and guidance across the portfolio. Providing introductory advice and knowledge of the partner goals to support a good ROI growth
- 2-3 years’ experience in Business Development and/or Account Management particularly in Financial Services is a plus
- If you can speak, read, and write Spanish to communicate with clients in global markets that is a HUGE plus!
- Highly personable with experience in strong client relationships, reinforced by building trust, advising and up-selling
- Ability to identify KPIs and report them and analyse performance for own portfolio of new business
- Experience working in high-growth, performance-focused environments
- Experience in Affiliate Marketing, Display, Search, Attribution, Social or Video is a plus
- Excellent problem solver, taking the initiative to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Excellent communication skills ensuring confidence with all stakeholders, specifically Senior contacts at key partnerships
- Hands-on approach with can-do attitude; problem solving; resourceful; ensure constructive accountability for actions; decisive; adaptable
- Ability to work cross-functionally with publisher development; publisher product and client services organization, to support client needs whilst aligning to key acquisition publisher KPI’
Rakuten Marketing is the global leader in integrated marketing solutions. With 16 offices around the world, our integrated marketing solutions span affiliate, display and search. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, we have offices throughout the United States and in Australia, Brazil, Japan, Singapore, the United Kingdom, Germany and France. Rakuten Marketing empowers marketers to transcend the conventional and achieve the full potential of digital marketing. We deliver data-driven personalized ad experiences that engage consumers – across screens, platforms and traditional publishers – and influence them to purchase. Our commitment to transparency provides consumer journey insights that allow us to continually optimize for performance.
Rakuten Group is one of the world’s leading internet service companies, providing a variety of consumer and business-focused services including e-commerce, e-reading, travel, banking, securities, credit card, e-money, portal and media, online marketing and professional sports. Rakuten is expanding globally and currently has operations throughout Asia, Western Europe and the Americas. Founded in 1997, Rakuten is headquartered in Tokyo, with over 10,000 employees and partner staff worldwide. To learn more, we invite you to visit our global home.
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.