Publisher Development Manager (Shanghai, China)
The Rakuten Marketing division is the global leader in digital marketing solutions that empower marketers to realise the full potential of marketing. Built on a robust, scalable platform that includes proprietary attribution & retargeting technology, unique data and advanced user identification capabilities, marketers deliver ad experiences that engage and influence across affiliate, display, mobile, social and video channels. Integrated multichannel solutions, along with unique insights and unparalleled client focus, equips marketers to increase efficiency, productivity and performance.
We have a diverse mix of companies doing business online – these represent some of AsiaPacific and the globe’s largest retailers.
Come and be a part of a thriving global company with a motivated, fun and exciting work environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and ongoing growth opportunities.
The Publisher Development Manager will play a pivotal role in growing the publisher network, both in depth and breadth of publishers with a focus on the Chinese speaking publisher group. He/she will work to optimize a set portfolio of publishers through creating new partnerships and proposing growth strategies. The Publisher Development Manager is also charged with representing the Rakuten Affiliate Network brand in market with the aim of recruiting new publishers, focusing on large and scalable publishers in priority. The role plays an important part in contributing to client satisfaction and the achievement of Publisher and Rakuten Marketing revenue goals.
- Identify and pro-actively meet and develop large and scalable publishers in market
- Represent the Rakuten Affiliate Network in market to educate key publishers on the use of affiliate marketing with the aim of recruiting them to the network
- Design suitable strategies to develop the use of affiliate marketing activities to empower the growth of publishers with diverse business model
- Attend industry events
- Provide account support and optimization recommendation to a set portfolio of publishers
- Pro-actively assess publisher account performance to identify new opportunities and develop growth strategy
- Run reports and provide bespoke analysis to ensure visibility on campaign performance
- Provide visibility for publishers in internal forums to maximize new partnership approval
- Educate Account Managers on new opportunities
- Work towards a revenue target to meet 100%+ of revenue goals for set portfolio
- Learn high level capabilities of our proprietary software and educate publishers to increase adoption
- Support the APAC team in internal and external communications regarding cross functional initiatives & network updates
- Remain ahead of industry trends and development by reading industry news and networking to act as an expert in discussion with publishers
Required Skills and Experience:
Minimum 3-years of experience in the digital / affiliate marketing space. Solid knowledge of local publisher landscape and strong understanding of international publisher landscape. Affiliate marketing experience strongly recommended. Fluent written (simplified) and spoken Chinese.
- Communication Skills: Exemplary written and oral communication skills in both English and Chinese.
- Problem solving skills: ability to think creatively and use professional judgment
- Proven track record of execution
- Solid proficiency with Excel for client-ready reports and presentations
About Rakuten Marketing: Rakuten Marketing is the global leader in integrated marketing solutions. With 16 offices around the world, our integrated marketing solutions span affiliate, display and search. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, we have offices throughout the United States and in Australia, Brazil, Japan, Singapore, the United Kingdom, Germany and France. Rakuten Marketing empowers marketers to transcend the conventional and achieve the full potential of digital marketing. We deliver data-driven personalized ad experiences that engage consumers – across screens, platforms and traditional publishers – and influence them to purchase. Our commitment to transparency provides consumer journey insights that allow us to continually optimize for performance.
Rakuten Global: Rakuten Group is one of the world's leading internet service companies, providing a variety of consumer and business-focused services including e-commerce, e-reading, travel, banking, securities, credit card, e-money, portal and media, online marketing and professional sports. Rakuten is expanding globally and currently has operations throughout Asia, Western Europe, and the Americas. Founded in 1997, Rakuten is headquartered in Tokyo, with over 10,000 employees and partner staff worldwide. To learn more, please visit www.global.rakuten.com.