Rakuten is a global Internet and e-commerce company with over 80 million registered users worldwide. Our e-commerce platform is the largest of its kind in Japan and among the world's largest by sales. Rakuten has many subsidiaries too, including well-known brands like Ebates, ShopStyle, Curbside, Rakuten TV, Kobo (e-Reading) and Viber (messaging).
The Rakuten Marketing division is the global leader in digital marketing solutions that empower marketers to realise the full potential of marketing. Built on a robust, scalable platform that includes proprietary attribution & retargeting technology, unique data and advanced user identification capabilities, marketers deliver ad experiences that engage and influence across affiliate, display, mobile, social and video channels. Integrated multichannel solutions, along with unique insights and unparalleled client focus, equips marketers to increase efficiency, productivity and performance.
We have a diverse mix of companies doing business online – these represent some of Asia-Pacific and the globe’s largest retailers.
Come and be a part of a thriving global company with a motivated, fun and exciting work environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and ongoing growth opportunities.
Summary Job Description:
The Senior Manager of Strategic Partnerships will be leading our discovery and development of new supply side opportunities and partnerships, within the Asia-Pacific region. Reporting to the Director, Publisher Development for the Asia Pacific region, their role will be to commercially negotiate exclusivity agreements; manage and implement a pipeline and roadmap for integrations; and project manage the end-to-end experience for key players in the region.
· Maintain and secure a pipeline of key targets in China (other regions to be discussed), and work towards revenue goals set for Global Publisher Group (Achieve sales, revenue and other key metric targets in line with set budgets and KPIs)
· Develop new business opportunities for publisher partnerships, from supporting from recruitment, engagement, through to optimization, handled by our publisher development group
· Identify new and innovative models for increased monetization and retention across Rakuten Marketing key clients (local and global)
· Use commercial and legal aptitude to secure exclusivity for key agreements for Rakuten Marketing
· Partners closely with the Director, Publisher Development (Asia) as well as key internal and external stakeholders, to develop the global partnership and management strategy
· Establish new opportunities and optimize existing partnerships through effective account review and pro-activity in proposing new development strategies
· Represent Asia-Pacific region at internal/external facing events for Rakuten Marketing
· Coach and lead a small team within a rapidly growing start-up entity within the Publisher team (alignment to China Publisher Development manager)
Required Skills and Experience:
· Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in partnership (affiliate, or supply) or media sales
· Strong commercial experience and relationship manager
· Solid understanding of the digital landscape in Asia-Pacific, with key markets such as China, Korea and South East Asia
· Self-starter and KPI/results driven
· Advanced level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
· Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
· Incubate a culture of collaboration, problem solving and teamwork
· Develop and maintain relationships across a broad sphere of influence, including internal stakeholders, executives and management teams, and external contacts (publishers, platform partners, sister companies, etc.)
· Attention to detail and deadlines
· Exemplary written and oral communication skills
· Commercial and negotiation skills
· Previous experience working in the affiliate marketing space and publisher development specifically in Asia-Pacific or South East Asia
· Native language skills, in Chinese, Japanese or Korean
· Strong understanding of consumer and digital landscape
· Strong technical or network knowledge