The Developer will support all aspects of our team’s OBIEE 12c application and projects in all areas, such as objects of the UI, the data model (RPD), Administration and BI Publisher modules. There will be emphasis on providing expert support in building, streamlining and testing reports, dashboards, agents and other BI components for various business lines and use cases across the organization as part of the Rakuten Marketing BI & Reporting strategy. The Developer will be involved in and collaborate on research and development to improve and enhance current functionalities and performance of the application.
Technical /Functional Expertise
- Creation, modification and testing of simple to complex OBIEE analyses, dashboards and agents
- Familiar with recent OBIEE versions’ standard functionalities and features and the interoperability, including BI Publisher
- Objects in OBIEE
- Be able to comprehend and execute on technical tasks with OBIEE, perform hands-on RPD design, BI Server configuration as directed by team lead or team members
- Experience in SQL syntax
- MS Excel expertise
- Familiarity in data modelling concepts and best practices
- Familiarity with relational and big data database concepts and technologies
- Software/Development Lifecycle and Agile Development background or exposure
Nice to Haves
- Expertise or knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Perl and others
- Statistics, Data Science background or course work
- XML/CSS, web design skills
- Familiarity, expertise in applications such as Salesforce, SAP, Oracle Family, Open Source Tools
- Big Data exposure
- Various other BI tool exposure
- Highly organized, uses initiative to identity solutions to complex issues, self-aware, self-motivated, collaborative
- High degree of conceptual and critical thinking capabilities
- Ability to juggle different priorities and tasks
- The individual must have the ability to work independently, develop excellent client relationships to accomplish technical and functional tasks with OBIEE
- Must be an action-oriented individual and self-motivated; loves to identify and solve problems
- Prefers working with groups in open collaboration; able to plan individual work aligned within a a team and group
Understanding of the Business
- Strong commercial awareness; grasps reasons for business decisions as well as impact of decisions on other parts of the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, can take requirements and translate into technical concepts
Other Nice to Haves
- Additional languages spoken such as French, Spanish or German
See what it's like working at our Crimson House West campus in San Mateo, CA!
Sponsorship tag select one!
Employment eligibility to work with Rakuten and it's brands in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Rakuten may choose to consider applicants that require some form of company sponsorship to work in the United States at its sole discretion, based on business needs.
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.