The Strategic Publisher Development Manager will play a pivotal role in managing key publisher accounts on the network. He/she will work to optimize a set portfolio of Publishers through creating new partnerships and proposing growth strategies designed side by side with the Affiliate Director as well as individually. The role plays an important part in contributing to client satisfaction and the achievement of Publisher and Rakuten Marketing revenue goals.
Rakuten Marketing Affiliate Network is the only network in the region awarding the prestigious status of Platinum Publisher to a carefully selected portfolio of publishers. In order to achieve this status, publishers must reach a certain revenue threshold for 3 consecutive months, be actively engaged with our team, provide 24 hours response and make promotion opportunities available regularly. The Strategic Publisher Development Manager is responsible for the management and ongoing optimization of that Platinum Publisher portfolio, providing daily optimization and support, collaborating on the development of new growth strategies with the publishers and acting as an extension of their teams internally to Rakuten by updating the team of account managers on all their developments, successes, challenges and opportunities.
This role is pivotal in ensuring that publishers do not plateau and allows the successful candidate to sit at the forefront of the affiliate and publishing industry. They are empowered to join industry events, grow their profile and become the voice of the publishers in market whilst representing Rakuten and evolving the space form the inside out.
Previous people in the role have gone on to become Directors and National Heads in some of the largest companies in the industry.
- Manage a set portfolio of Platinum publishers, provide optimization strategies, develop new partnership opportunities
- Act as a bridge being the platinum publisher and the internal team of affiliate managers to maximize partnership success
- Represent Rakuten Affiliate Network during industry events
- Pro-actively assess publisher account performance to identify new opportunities and develop growth strategy
- Run reports and provide bespoke analysis to ensure visibility on campaign performance
- Provide visibility for publishers in internal forums to maximize new partnership approval
- Educate Account Manager on new opportunities
- Work towards a revenue target to meet 100%+ of revenue goals for set portfolio
- Learn high level capabilities of our proprietary software and educate publishers to increase adoption
- Support Affiliate Director in internal and external communications regarding cross functional initiatives & network updates
- Remain ahead of industry trends and development by reading industry news and networking to act as an expert in discussion with publishers
Required Skills and Experience:
Minimum 3 years’ experience in the digital marketing space. Solid knowledge of local publisher landscape and strong understanding of international publisher landscape. Affiliate marketing experience strongly recommended.
- Communication Skills: Exemplary written and oral communication skills
- Problem solving skills: ability to think creatively and use professional judgment
- Proven track record of execution
- Solid proficiency with Excel for client-ready reports and presentations.
- Ability to work efficiently with PowerPoint and Rakuten Marketing tools and processes.
- Ability to prioritize and follow-up on deliverables to ensure timelines and revenue targets are met
- Experience with CRM systems such as SalesForce preferred but not required
- Technical Abilities: Must be able to quickly develop facility with proprietary software to manage campaigns and report results.
Traveling an ever-expanding technological landscape, today's consumer has no borders. This makes it an especially exciting time for brands. That’s why our mission is to empower clients with solutions that go beyond the expected, from superior service and technology to consumer-centric insights that drive better results. This means offering real-time insight into campaign performance across multiple channels and devices. It means maintaining a bird's eye view of purchasing paths. And it means discovering new opportunities to facilitate global expansion.
Target Salary: $80,000 - $90,000 AUD per year
About Rakuten Marketing:
With nine offices around the world, our global marketing services span affiliate, search, mobile, lead generation, display and attribution. The recent merger of LinkShare, MediaForge, Paid Search, DC Storm and Popshops under Rakuten Marketing means we offer the highest level of specialization in our core services combined with an integrated approach to simplify what has become an increasingly complex digital marketing space. In 2014, we launched Cadence, our omnichannel attribution platform that provides a single point of install and cross channel insights to optimize media spend. Our company is headquartered in New York City and has offices in Australia, Brazil, Japan, Singapore, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and throughout the United States.
Rakuten Group is one of the world's leading internet service companies, providing a variety of consumer and business-focused services including e-commerce, e-reading, travel, banking, securities, credit card, e-money, portal and media, online marketing and professional sports. Rakuten is expanding globally and currently has operations throughout Asia, Western Europe, and the Americas. Founded in 1997, Rakuten is headquartered in Tokyo, with over 10,000 employees and partner staff worldwide. To learn more, please visit www.global.rakuten.com.