Lead Data Engineer
Rakuten Marketing's Data Engineers design the tools that make it possible to process the huge amount of data we receive every day. In close collaboration with our Data Scientists, they help develop new Machine Learning algorithms for acquiring audiences and maximizing client revenue with cross-device acquisition and advanced retargeting.
Given the massive volume of information we have, traditional data processing methods are of limited help. This complexity calls for new technologies to efficiently analyse large sets of data and determine the statistical models that could most accurately predict the performance of our online marketing campaigns. The development of such technology is closely related to several fields of study:
- Data Management and Expertise
- Big Data cluster-computing frameworks
- Data processing for Machine Learning modelling
- Data Analytics
- Elaborate complex datasets from open source big data framework such as Hadoop or Spark.
- Work on large scale distributed infrastructures, either internally or on the cloud (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud…).
- Design new automated and efficient tools that will be the heart of our data architecture for the coming years.
- Constantly control the coherence of the delivered results. This will require a deep understanding of our platform on both a technical and a business side.
- Interact closely with our technical teams (Data Science, Business Intelligence, DSP Innovation, Architecture) to share and obtain advanced knowledge.
- Write detailed and precise documentation of your work.
- Graduated from a Scientific or Engineering School or a Master's program in Computer Science or Machine Learning with a Big Data specialization.
- Experience/knowledge with Spark and Scala is required.
- Knowledge of at least one object-oriented language (Java, C++, ...)
- Previous experience in the web industry is highly recommended.
- Interest in e-commerce and new technologies.
- Good English skills.
Permanent contract to be filled as soon as possible in our Paris offices.
Competitive salary within a talented and fun team.
About Rakuten Marketing: Rakuten Marketing is the global leader in integrated marketing solutions. With 16 offices around the world, our integrated marketing solutions span affiliate, display and search. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, we have offices throughout the United States and in Australia, Brazil, Japan, Singapore, the United Kingdom, Germany and France. Rakuten Marketing empowers marketers to transcend the conventional and achieve the full potential of digital marketing. We deliver data-driven personalized ad experiences that engage consumers – across screens, platforms and traditional publishers – and influence them to purchase. Our commitment to transparency provides consumer journey insights that allow us to continually optimize for performance.
Rakuten Global: Rakuten Group is one of the world’s leading internet service companies, providing a variety of consumer and business-focused services including e-commerce, e-reading, travel, banking, securities, credit card, e-money, portal and media, online marketing and professional sports. Rakuten is expanding globally and currently has operations throughout Asia, Western Europe and the Americas. Founded in 1997, Rakuten is headquartered in Tokyo, with over 10,000 employees and partner staff worldwide. To learn more, we invite you to visit our global home.