Mid / Senior Full Stack Engineer
The engineer will be responsible for building new products and features for Rakuten Marketing's industry-recognized online marketing platform. We are looking for a team focused engineer to help us develop highly scalable client facing interfaces, collaborate on premium user experiences, and build robust microservices.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Follow direction from tech leads while providing estimates, communicating issues, and helping to provide creative solutions to technical issues
- Passion for learning
- Work with industry vetted design patterns
- Ensure quality and consistency in development through testing and documentation
- Stop… collaborate and listen
- Experience building web applications
- Experience with Postgres, MySQL, or another relational database technology
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience writing tests
- Experience with git or other source control technology
- Experience in Golang, Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, or other modern language
- Experience working in/with remote teams
- Works well within a team and individually
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience working on accounting software
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Experience building highly scalable, highly available REST web services
- Experience with Docker or other container management technology
- Experience with MVC
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with collaborative programming
- Experience with highly concurrent (millions of users) systems
- Experience creating and maintaining documentation
Rakuten Marketing uses the following tech:
- Data Stores: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, Oracle, InfluxDB
- Messaging Queues: Kafka, GCP Pub/Sub, RabbitMQ, Resque, Celery
- Version Control: Github Enterprise
- Continuous Integration/Deployment: Docker, Circle CI, Jenkins, Kubernetes
- Server Stacks: OpenStack, Google Cloud, AWS
Great Rakuten Marketing benefits:
- Competitive salary, benefits, bonus potential
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- 401K with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Culture and diversity clubs
- Charity outreach programs
About Rakuten Marketing:
- Rakuten is one of the global internet industry’s hidden champions. Rakuten stands for ‘optimism.’ It means we believe in the future. It’s our understanding that, with the right mind-set, we can make the future better by what we do today. We challenge ourselves to evolve, innovate and experiment, to create a better, happier future for everyone.
- Today, our 70+ businesses span e-commerce, digital content, communications and fintech, bringing the joy of discovery to more than 1 billion members across the world. At Rakuten, we strive to create an open, progressive and optimistic environment to advance our careers and our business. Our partnerships with the Golden State Warriors and FC Barcelona are symbolic of our attitudes and our aspirations.
Employment eligibility to work with Rakuten and it's brands in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.