Rakuten Marketing is looking for a highly motivated individual with experience in programmatic advertising to join our fast-growing company.
The Client Development Manager (CDM) will be part of Rakuten Marketing APAC’s highly successful sales team and will be accountable for securing, building and maintaining relationships with key decision-makers of the largest e-commerce companies and digital advertisers in Australia to exceed assigned quota.
The CDM will focus on top-tier new customer acquisition for Rakuten Marketing’s programmatic and social solutions. They will develop regional and local relationships with the C and Senior level contacts in the Marketing and Digital teams of top brands and companies. They present solutions that enable them to grow online sales, acquire new customers and optimise for performance.
Role and Responsibilities
The CDM’s main responsibility is generating new revenue opportunities; building new client relationships, and executing a sales plan to exceed monthly and annual sales goals. You’ll enjoy delivering cutting edge media solutions. Candidates will ideally have existing client-direct experience and contacts in market and experience in one or more performance channels.
- Identify, qualify, pitch and close new business with direct advertisers
- Produce a high volume of sales related activity, (cold calls, presentations, proposals)
- Represent Rakuten Marketing at trade shows, seminars and industry events
- Formulate and present strategic presentations
- Sell major new accounts in timely sales cycle while maintaining an active pipeline
- Meet and exceed all sales and revenue targets
- 5+ years’ direct strategic sales experience in a consultative sales environment targeting Economic Buyers at large companies and direct brands
- 3+ years’ programmatic sales experience
- Proven record of success in a consultative selling environment with history of hitting and exceeding revenue goals by adhering to a Customer-Focused Sales Methodology
- Successful track record of exceeding sales goals and quota
- Experience selling ad-tech, mar-tech and software solutions to the C-level suite companies
- Experience in the Multi-branded Retail, Luxury, Travel, Financial and CPG verticals a plus
- Ability to build and maintain solid relationships, with a large amount of experience in a client-facing role. Australian or APAC client experience ideal
- Proven track record managing full life cycle, key accounts for an organisation with multiple touch points (budgets, documenting, and planning and building media plans)
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the clients’ business and objectives
- Strong skills in data analysis and interpretation
- Be proactive, industrious and solutions driven
- Excellent negotiation and closing skills
- Self-motivated, independent, and high-performing individual, with ability to learn and become productive in a timely manner
- Metrics driven
- Ability to maintain an accurate pipeline and forecast,
- Proficient with using a CRM system, Salesforce preferable
- Strong verbal, written & presentation communication skills
- Solid proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint for client-ready reports and presentations
- Bachelor's Degree required
See what it's like working at our Crimson House West campus in San Mateo, CA!
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.