Rakuten is a global electronic commerce and Internet company. Its e-commerce platform is the largest e-commerce site in Japan and among the world's largest by sales. They also have a portfolio of companies that include well-known global brands like Viber (messaging), Ebates, Play.com, Rakuten TV, Kobo (e-Reading), Rakuten Marketing and many more. Rakuten also sp
Maintain, develop, support and improve global cloud infrastructure for highly-available and scalable production operations at Rakuten. Work with team members and other teams to troubleshoot problems and find solutions.
- Server Administration with Unix/ Linux or Windows
- Scripting, either Bash, Python or Perl
- Networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP)Cloud Experience i.e. Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Service, OpenStack (AWS), Azure
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment supporting technologies critical to production infrastructure
- Must be able to work on multiple inflight projects
- Must have an aptitude and a desire for proactive support of research and innovation. A thoughtful, collaborative approach with end users, staff colleagues, and other IT professionals is essential.
- Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to work under minimal supervision in a flexible, team-oriented environment.
Nice to have skills/experience (but not essential):
- Software development with Python or Golang
- Docker with orchestration experience (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Automation, such as CI/CD experience with Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Monitoring (Prometheus preferred)
- Configuration and Change Management (such as ansible and chef)
- Experience with highly-available clustered server environments a plus.
- Experience with technical writing and writing end procedure or instructional documentation.
- Ability to provide technical support, solve problems, and perform system maintenance in support of high-availability production operations.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Experience with performance engineering and troubleshooting a plus.
- Experience with no-sql databases (e.g. Mongo, Couchbase)
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Postgres)
- Experience with HashiCorp Products (e.g. Terraform, Vault, Packer)
- Maintain, develop, and operate a high-availability and high-rate production environment.
- Assist with launching new and upgrading existing applications.
- Upgrades system software, applies patches and ensures the security of systems.
- Mentor, advise and train other team members.
- Use monitoring tools to identify operational anomalies and take action to resolve them.
- Follow, create, and edit documentation for routing system tasks
- Demonstrate the ability to be a flexible, organized, thoughtful, and proactive team player who can work with minimal guidance as well as strong abilities in communication.
- Explore new technologies and solutions to enhance operational excellence and cost efficiencies
- Perform on-call responsibilities as part of a rotation