The Enterprise Sales Director will be part of Rakuten Marketing’s premier Enterprise Sales team and will be accountable for securing, building and maintaining relationships with key decision-makers of the largest e-commerce companies in North America to exceed assigned quota.
The Sales Director will focus on top tier new customer acquisition for Rakuten Marketing’s products which include Affiliate Marketing, Display, Social, Mobile and Attribution. They develop global, regional and local relationships with the C and Senior level contacts in the Marketing and Digital teams of top brands and companies with e-commerce businesses. They present solutions that enable them to grow online sales, acquire new customers and optimize for performance.
This position offers a career development track for management if desired.
- Meet and exceed all sales, revenue and quota targets
- Formulate and present Annual Prospect Plans for your Top 15 Targets
- Seek out and build relationships with C-Level and senior level industry contacts for new business development opportunities and long-term partnership development with focus on upper third decision makers, their strategies, objectives, buying mode and priorities
- Develop a targeted Portfolio Sales Plan for your named accounts by total and by vertical that maps to exceed your annual quota attainment plan
- Identify, develop and maintain a strong pipeline 4x of your Quota by producing a high volume of sales related activity (cold calls, prospecting emails, strategic presentations, proposals, etc.)
- Understand the components and dynamics of a longer sales cycle (6 months +) that are required to sustain interest, build trust, credibility and value enabling you to close deals in a timely sales cycle
- Work closely with internal team members and partners during the RFP process to define a sales ‘win’ strategy that meet client and Rakuten Marketing needs
- Creates, utilizes and synthesizes compelling customer and vertical centric data and insights to present and close high value solutions
- Leverages current skill set to secure C-Level and Sr Level meetings with CMOs, CDO’s, and SVPs across the channel spectrum to sell all our multi-channel solutions
- Represent Rakuten Marketing at trade shows & industry events, securing leads to develop/convert
- Utilize sales technology to track pipeline, revenue forecasts, as a repository for client needs that support sell-in, successful client on-boarding and handover to account teams
- Understand the marketplace and our competitive landscape to win with a strong value proposition
Required Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years of direct B2B strategic sales experience in a consultative sales environment targeting Economic Buyers at large companies and direct brands
- Proven record of success in a consultative selling environment with history of hitting and exceeding revenue goals by adhering to a Customer-Focused Sales Methodology
- Experience selling ad tech, mar tech and software solutions to the C-level suite at IR 150 and Fortune 200 companies – including Affiliate, Search, Attribution, Social and Display solutions
- Experience in the Multi-branded Retail, Luxury Brand, Travel, Financial and CPG verticals a plus
- Proven record of generating leads that result in new revenue generation that exceeds sales quota
- Excellent planning, communication, strategic negotiation and closing skills
- Ability to synthesize compelling customer and vertical centric data and insights
- Self-motivated and diligent work ethic with ability to take the initiative to get the job done in a fast-paced, demanding, and fun, entrepreneurial environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Rakuten Marketing: Rakuten Marketing is the global leader in integrated marketing solutions. With 16 offices around the world, our integrated marketing solutions span affiliate, display and search. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, we have offices throughout the United States and in Australia, Brazil, Japan, Singapore, the United Kingdom, Germany and France. Rakuten Marketing empowers marketers to transcend the conventional and achieve the full potential of digital marketing. We deliver data-driven personalized ad experiences that engage consumers – across screens, platforms and traditional publishers and influence them to purchase. Our commitment to transparency provides consumer journey insights that allow us to continually optimize for performance.
Rakuten Global: Rakuten Group is one of the world’s leading internet service companies, providing a variety of consumer and business-focused services including e-commerce, e-reading, travel, banking, securities, credit card, e-money, portal and media, online marketing and professional sports. Rakuten is expanding globally and currently has operations throughout Asia, Western Europe and the Americas. Founded in 1997, Rakuten is headquartered in Tokyo, with over 10,000 employees and partner staff worldwide. To learn more, we invite you to visit our global home.
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.