Rain is a venture-backed fintech with a mission to kill predatory financial products like payday loans. Our first product gives employees instant access to their wages, which solves a major problem for real people (115 million American workers are living paycheck-to-paycheck). Rain is the fastest-growing startup in the category and was incubated with QED Capital, a top fintech venture fund.
Our team culture is rooted in a deep commitment to Shokunin, the Japanese philosophy of giving your very best for the general welfare of people. Other core values at Rain: radical transparency and zero ego.
Rain is looking for a Revenue Accountant to join our Core Accounting Operations Team. The Core Accounting Operations (“CAO”) team at Rain is best in class and supports daily operations of the business as well as management reporting over key financial metrics. As a member of the CAO team, the Revenue Accountant is responsible for the data integrity (completeness, accuracy, and timeliness) of the revenue cycle. The Revenue Accountant owns revenue accounting for Rain. The CAO team is looking for a team member who is eager to scale existing processes and systems to support Rain’s growth through partnerships with the Sales and Customer Success teams.
- Perform monthly close activities, including the preparation of journal entries, reconciliations
- Maintain and manage complete and accurate loan portfolio
- Identify accounting requirements and partner across other business units to ensure adherence to accounting requirements
- Perform analysis over new contracts and document the assessment, conclusion, and financial statement impact
- Manage ongoing partnership agreements and any related revenue share calculations
- Partner with internal teams to ensure success of business partnerships
- Drive process improvement and scale existing workflows to support growth
- Support external audit and ad-hoc reporting requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Operational accounting experience
- Ability to understand and apply US GAAP
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Detail oriented
- Ability to understand big picture goals while driving results in the day-to-day details
- CPA License or CPA Exam eligible
- Banking or Financial Institution experience
- Management experience
- Expert Certification in Excel
- Experience in performing and translating the results of analyses
The Rain Instant Pay app provides early wage access for employees at mid to large-sized organizations to improve financial wellness and increase employee productivity.
With 63% of Americans living paycheck to paycheck, financial wellness tools are an important part of any employee benefits package. Rain works by giving advances on upcoming paychecks; it is not a loan and there is no interest. Employees pay a small fee for this service, which is healthier than payday loans.
Rain’s mission is to regrow financial freedom by giving people full control over their income and to put an end to predatory financial products, replacing them with on-demand pay.