Rain is a venture-backed fintech with a mission to kill predatory financial products like payday loans. Our first product gives employees instant access to their wages, which solves a major problem for real people (115 million American workers are living paycheck-to-paycheck). Rain is the fastest-growing startup in the category and was incubated with QED Capital, a top fintech venture fund.
Our team culture is rooted in a deep commitment to Shokunin, the Japanese philosophy of giving your very best for the general welfare of people. Other core values at Rain: radical transparency and zero ego.
We are looking for an experienced and highly creative Senior Product Designer to join our design team. You will help us build a world class product through representing the voice of the customer , championing design solutions to create beneficial and engaging product experiences. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to a growing design practice and help build a product design culture at a fast paced start up.
- Domain Expertise: Develop a deep understanding and an ability to balance user needs, business goals, product vision, feature priorities, protocols, and technical implementations of our services, tools, and apps.
- User Centered Design: Identify and deliver on key success metrics for projects through a clear product design process using user journeys and flows, wireframes, high fidelity designs and prototypes that can clearly demonstrate how the product works and helps users accomplish their goals.
- Iterative Design Process: Deliver on the product vision by designing and user testing experiences, making improvements based on user feedback, and shepherding the implementation of design through the development pipeline within an agile environment
- Cross Functional Collaboration: Work and collaborate with Product Managers, Front-End and Back-End developers, QAs, Customer Support, and other departments to champion design solutions and deliver results
- Design Systems: Design UI elements and components as part of scaling our design system for desktop and mobile platforms.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of professional experience, preferably in a product or design-focused tech company
- Proven work in UI/UX design experience or similar role
- Strong knowledge in UI/UX software like Figma, Adobe XD, or Invision
- Experience with surveys, user interviews, and testing
- English fluency to interact with stakeholders in several countries
- Proven experience with Design System implementation
- A portfolio showcasing your work, demonstrating a strong design process and storytelling skills
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
The Rain Instant Pay app provides early wage access for employees at mid to large-sized organizations to improve financial wellness and increase employee productivity.
With 63% of Americans living paycheck to paycheck, financial wellness tools are an important part of any employee benefits package. Rain works by giving advances on upcoming paychecks; it is not a loan and there is no interest. Employees pay a small fee for this service, which is healthier than payday loans.
Rain’s mission is to regrow financial freedom by giving people full control over their income and to put an end to predatory financial products, replacing them with on-demand pay.