Rain is a venture-backed fintech with a mission to kill predatory financial products like payday loans. Our first product gives employees instant access to their wages, which solves a major problem for real people (115 million American workers are living paycheck-to-paycheck). Rain is the fastest-growing startup in the category and was incubated with QED Capital, a top fintech venture fund.
Our team culture is rooted in a deep commitment to Shokunin, the Japanese philosophy of giving your very best for the general welfare of people. Other core values at Rain: radical transparency and zero ego.
As the Collections Manager, you will lead our credit and collections department, ensuring that we maximize repayment rates all the while delivering world-class consumer experiences. You will build and oversee a team of hard-working collection staff members to communicate who develop and enforce repayment policies. As an early leader on the credit & collections team, you will have the chance to build a team and best-in-class policies from scratch.
- Lead a team of repayment associates lased of focused on maximizing Rain’s consumer repayment rate
- Recruit, hire, and train repayment associates, ensuring adequate staffing levels as we scale to 5m+ users
- Implement credit policies and procedures that are in line with Rain’s values
- Develop team goals in line with business OKRs and manage associates to continually meet and exceed goals
- Monitor financial risk of receivable portfolio and advise financial leadership of changing bad debt
- Understand and deploy the best tools/methods to effectively communicate complexities to both customers and cross-functional teams
- Prepare timely & accurate reports with the Finance team
- Ad-hoc, special projects, audits & other pertinent projects
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and pride in work product
- Demonstrate a strong customer orientation
- Ability to successfully adapt and adjust to changes in business, regulatory, and economic environments
- Firm understanding of personal finance and credit industry best practices
- Aptitude for working independently while maintaining a team first mentality
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and exhibit grace under pressure
- Desire to improve consumers' financial situation but ability to make tough decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take on projects as needed
- Skilled in developing both external and internal content such as customer communications, as well as the development of procedure and work documents
- Skilled in root cause analysis and problem resolution with both quantitative and qualitative data
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google, and ability to learn internal systems
- 5+ years of experience building and leading credit collections teams
- Bachelor's degree in business or finance preferred
The Rain Instant Pay app provides early wage access for employees at mid to large-sized organizations to improve financial wellness and increase employee productivity.
With 63% of Americans living paycheck to paycheck, financial wellness tools are an important part of any employee benefits package. Rain works by giving advances on upcoming paychecks; it is not a loan and there is no interest. Employees pay a small fee for this service, which is healthier than payday loans.
Rain’s mission is to regrow financial freedom by giving people full control over their income and to put an end to predatory financial products, replacing them with on-demand pay.