Rain is a venture-backed fintech with a mission to kill predatory financial products like payday loans. Our first product gives employees instant access to their wages, which solves a major problem for real people (115 million American workers are living paycheck-to-paycheck). Rain is the fastest-growing startup in the category and was incubated with QED Capital, a top fintech venture fund.
Our team culture is rooted in a deep commitment to Shokunin, the Japanese philosophy of giving your very best for the general welfare of people. Other core values at Rain: radical transparency and zero ego.
About us –
Rain (https://rain.us/) is a venture-backed fintech with a mission to kill predatory financial products like payday loans. Our first product gives employees instant access to their wages, which solves a major problem for real people. Rain is the fastest-growing start-up in the category and was incubated with QED (https://qedinvestors.com/), a top US fintech venture fund.
PR Communications Lead –
We are on a lookout for a creative marketer to help us build the Rain brand. Someone who is eager to know about the recent product developments, alliances, team growth, big and small announcements, and more. Someone who is an expert at building campaigns around the same and can own social media - all channels. We are looking for a compulsive storyteller to narrate these stories and give the brand a voice using relevant messaging.
What will you bring to the table –
- Bring the Rain brand to life stay on top of all product and non-product communications and develop winning campaigns to communicate the same.
- Identify the different audience groups among the startup ecosystem by developing campaigns across all channels.
- Be ready to drive the campaigns, end to end.
- Measure and evaluate brand awareness and perception.
Also be responsible to -
- Create compelling content with customers to generate powerful stories
- Foster strong relationships with business stakeholders, customers, ecosystem partners, key journalists and influencers, and Rain’s local and global PR teams
- Write and edit media alerts, pitches, PR plans, blogs, articles, and related materials
- Devise and execute new communications campaigns
- Amplify marketing events and initiatives, including Fintech Summits with media relations programs including news announcements, media briefing content etc
What do you need to have -
- Passion for Products and an understanding of technology, and the story behind every launch and be able to identify branding opportunities in the same.
- Experienced in managing integrated, cross-functional, complex brand marketing campaigns from scratch.
- A desire to try out new things out of the box. Be someone who can put traditional and non-traditional marketing strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You know the power of language and can draft your messaging according to the platform you want to use.
- Minimum of six years’ public relations experience.
- Fluent written and verbal English.
- Experience working directly with technology businesses, and developing their stories.
- Proven experience managing large projects.
- Experience with India’s technology, business, and startup media landscape.
- Able to work cross-functionally within a matrixed international team.
The Rain Instant Pay app provides early wage access for employees at mid to large-sized organizations to improve financial wellness and increase employee productivity.
With 63% of Americans living paycheck to paycheck, financial wellness tools are an important part of any employee benefits package. Rain works by giving advances on upcoming paychecks; it is not a loan and there is no interest. Employees pay a small fee for this service, which is healthier than payday loans.
Rain’s mission is to regrow financial freedom by giving people full control over their income and to put an end to predatory financial products, replacing them with on-demand pay.