At TRON, marketing is at the forefront of creating value, publicizing innovation, and sharing beautiful products that people love. Our team is passionate about creating compelling stories that inspire and help people to connect. We collaborate closely with designers, software engineers, data analysts, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches millions while exemplifying a fundamental principle: “Focus on the user, and all else will follow.”
Are you looking for an opportunity to help lead and grow a talented development team as a web technology leader? Does the prospect of using advanced technologies to build mission-critical and highly scalable services get you excited? If so, you could be our next Web Development Director. In the role, you’ll have the chance to champion a team of UI and WordPress developers as they build, enhance, and support our customer-facing web sites.
As an integral part of the Digital Marketing team, you’ll provide technical leadership working closely with all the other functional teams, such as Marketing, Sales, IT, and Creative Services, to develop the best possible front-end web pages while maintaining high standards of quality and performance. This includes building on the agile engineering culture, refining and enforcing development standards and processes, and working with other groups on web development.
- Lead web development scoping, planning, and technical architecture for all projects involving UI and WordPress development.
- Manage a small development team as well as hosting partners and third-party developers (contractors) to ensure technical quality, product quality, and efficient use of resources.
- Take a hands-on development approach to creating new pages and features across the whole stack, with a specific focus on the presentation layer.
- Perform code reviews and provide feedback on all internal and external code.
- Maintain relationships and connections to other teams to ensure that integrations are maintained and enhanced.
- Identify, evaluate, and implement new technology that is beneficial to the digital goals of the organization.
- Perform root cause analysis on product and process deficiencies and define and implement changes.
- Ensure the development team is effectively engaged and that products in development match resources available.
- Regularly communicate with the digital marketing leadership, marketing directors, sales leadership, and content staff to discuss direction, strategy, and priority.
- Creates and executes vision for stable, adaptable website and information architecture.
- Co-creates development roadmap together with office’s senior leadership and digital product team, identifying future needs, fixes, enhancements, and potential experiments.
- Develops a plan for maintaining and upgrading Drupal code base as needed.
- Identifies and engages effective managed hosting firm and collaborates with Sloan Technology Services to design holistic approach to site maintenance and future evolution.
- Monitors and investigates new technology trends and options.
- Managing the website SEO
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- 6+ years of web development, including experience on large-scale web products
- 2+ years managing a development team and SEO/Wiki vendors.
- Strong knowledge of the modern web environment–from the presentation tier (HTML/CSS/OO-JS) through web servers and caching, reasonable knowledge of server-side development including PHP and database development, and the management of hosting infrastructure.
- Desire to work for mission-driven company
- Strong knowledge of SEO, Git, CDNs and agile development
- Must also have strong technical, organizational and communications skills, and a passion for user-centered technology