Tron-BitTorrent Network offers a unique and compelling work environment. We are proponents of the open Internet and we serve one of the largest user demographics in history. We take these responsibilities seriously and hire accordingly. We work with only the brightest engineers and the most talented business people we can find. Everyone on our team is here to do meaningful work with broad reaching impact. We have a fun yet challenging work environment that fosters diversity, creativity, and teamwork. Our team members receive industry leading salaries, premium benefits, and state-of-the-art offices in San Francisco’s SOMA district.
The team here at BitTorrent/Tron doesn’t just create products. We create the technologies that revolutionize the web we call home. We believe in a better Internet: one that’s powered by people.
Come help us build.
Are you a skilled developer with a keen sense for streamlined deployments and network operations, or a versatile administrator with a passion for coding and scripting? TRON-BitTorrent is looking for a DevOps Engineer to help build our next generation infrastructure.
As a founding developer on this team you will play an integral role in defining the availability, security, and efficiency of the TRON-BitTorrent infrastructure at scale. You will work closely with our development and operation teams to influence and support the implementation and expansion of our infrastructure.
- Help with designing and deploying a scalable infrastructure for a high traffic environment.
- Automate the deployment, administration, and operation of TRON-BitTorrent's infrastructure so no manual intervention is needed.
- Design and build tools to improve deployment efficiency and gain visibility into production systems.
- Translate development team use cases into infrastructure requirements.
- Contribute to the architecture and design of our services, infrastructure and delivery processes.
- Collaborate effectively with multiple development teams.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4+ years of relevant large scale systems operations experience.
- 2+ experience automating production systems with Python, Go, or similar languages.
- Experience deploying and maintaining docker application and Kubernetes clusters in production
- Experience using AWS services programmatically (AWS certification preferred).
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Expert in Linux system administration, including storage, networks, and services.
- Experience deploying and maintaining large distributed system such as Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Zookeeper, Cassandra or MongoDB is a big plus.
- You are passionate and self-motivated.
- You are pragmatic and focus on efficiency, simplicity and maintainability.
- You enjoy collaborating across teams and work well in a cross-functional and cross-cultural environment.
- You thrive working in a fast-growing, dynamic environment.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.