This is a U.S. based position. All of the programs we support require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment. All work must be conducted within the continental U.S.
Who we are:
Raft (https://TeamRaft.com) is a customer-obsessed non-traditional small business with purposeful focus on Distributed Data Systems, Platforms at Scale, and Complex Application Development, with headquarters in Reston, VA. Our range of clients include innovative federal and public agencies leveraging design thinking, cutting edge tech stack, and cloud native ecosystem. We build digital solutions that impact the lives of millions of Americans.
Our team is rapidly growing and looking for an experienced Senior Data Analyst to support our customer and join our passionate team of high-impact problem solvers. We enjoy the challenges of human-centered design, security, and scale to create better outcomes for our federal agency partners. We are a remote-first and work completely in the open source.
About the role:
Senior Data Analysts on our Complex Application Development team are focused on extracting value from data and identifying new applications of data. This includes programmatically accessing and analyzing both structured and unstructured datasets, creating scripts and processes to migrate data as needed, and assisting teammates with data requests as they arise. Sr. Data Analysts work on complex problems for our partners like CFPB and others with full autonomy and little supervision.
- Develop an intimate understanding of our customer’s data
- Build data pipelines to transform and process data
- Create automated reports and data visualizations using tools such as AWS Athena and AWS Quicksight
- Assist the platform team in debugging data problems
- Identify new data-driven opportunities and potential applications
- Work alongside our client data SME’s and Raft’s technical team to align the data vision with our technical roadmap.
What we are looking for:
- Experience working with disparate datasets stored in backends such as S3, Postgres, Cassandra, etc.
- You can work with messy data. E.g. inconsistent data types, invalid entries, etc.
- Data pipeline experience. You should be able to write a set of scripts to migrate and transform data as needed from one place to another
- You live, eat, and breathe Python
- You work with Jupyter Notebooks but you’re not afraid to write a .py file
- Solid understanding of basic statistics. Distributions, outliers, correlations, etc
- A willingness to learn and implement software development best practices. This role is for a data analyst, but said individual will, at times, be asked to perform basic software development tasks
- Have experience with git
- Have experience containerizing Python applications via Docker
- Had familiarity with Kedro
- Could support and enhance existing Python applications deployed to our Kubernetes cluster
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust security clearance
What we will offer you:
- Highly competitive salary
- Fully covered healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) and company match
- Unlimited PTO + 11 paid holidays
- Education & training benefits
- Annual budget for your tech/gadgets needs
- Monthly box of yummy snacks to eat while doing meaningful work
- Remote, hybrid, and flexible work options
- Team off-site in fun places!
- Generous Referral Bonuses
- And More!
Our Vision Statement:
We bridge the gap between humans and data through radical transparency and our obsession with the mission.
Our Customer Obsession:
We will approach every deliverable like it's a product. We will adopt a customer-obsessed mentality. As we grow, and our footprint becomes larger, teams and employees will treat each other not only as teammates but customers. We must live the customer-obsessed mindset, always. This will help us scale and it will translate to the interactions that our Rafters have with their clients and other product teams that they integrate with. Our culture will enable our success and set us apart from other companies.
How do we get there?
Public-sector modernization is critical for us to live in a better world. We, at Raft, want to innovate and solve complex problems. And, if we are successful, our generation and the ones that follow us will live in a delightful, efficient, and accessible world where out-of-box thinking, and collaboration is a norm.
Raft’s core philosophy is Ubuntu: I Am, Because We are. We support our “nadi” by elevating the other Rafters. We work as a hyper collaborative team where each team member brings a unique perspective, adding value that did not exist before. People make Raft special. We celebrate each other and our cognitive and cultural diversity. We are devoted to our practice of innovation and collaboration.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.