This is a U.S. based position. All of the programs we support require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment. All work must be conducted within the continental U.S.
Who we are:
Raft (https://TeamRaft.com) is a customer-obsessed non-traditional small business with a purposeful focus on Distributed Data Systems, Platforms at Scale, and Complex Application Development, with headquarters in Reston, VA. Our range of clients include innovative federal and public agencies leveraging design thinking, cutting edge tech stack, and cloud native ecosystem. We build digital solutions that impact the lives of millions of Americans.
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager to support our customer and join our passionate team of high-impact problem solvers. This is a unique opportunity to help build and shape a game-changing organization where we put our customers and people first.
About the role:
As a Technical Product Manager, your day begins by tagging up with your DoD partners and Technical Leads to design and execute bespoke Kubernetes or Docker solutions tailored for the DoD mission environments. This will include scoping and prioritizing activities based on your product roadmap. A significant portion of your day is dedicated to overseeing the application of GitOps principles for software delivery, ensuring your team stays on track while keeping pace with concurrent DoD software development efforts that will impact your delivery. Along the way, you may meet in-person with key stakeholders to act as a product evangelist, building awareness and maximizing mission impact. Your team will look to you to be the Raft representative to the client, capturing their hard work while capturing candid feedback from both sides. Ultimately, you will be a driving factor for repeat and increased business with our DoD clients.
This role will function in a PM capacity 50% of the time; the other 50% will be helping with solution architecting RFI and RFP responses.
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years of hands-on product development / product management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of computer science and software development lifecycles, including a working knowledge of programming
- An "Agilista" who ensures all contractual deliverables are executed accurately and on time
- Product roadmapping skills
- Cloud services knowledge and experience
- GitOps experience
- Jira experience
- Written and oral technical approach experience
- Direct experience working with DoD clients
- Proven track record managing favorable profit and loss
- AWS knowledge and experience
- Agile certification(s)
- Experience working in a software factory environment
- Experience with ATO and RMF processes
- Able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Remote (Local to Scott AFB preferred)
What we will offer you:
- Highly competitive salary
- Fully covered healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) and company match
- Unlimited PTO + 11 paid holidays
- Education & training benefits
- Annual budget for your tech/gadgets needs
- Monthly box of yummy snacks to eat while doing meaningful work
- Team off-site in fun places!
- Generous Referral Bonuses
- And More!
Our Vision Statement:
We bridge the gap between humans and data through radical transparency and our obsession with the mission.
Our Customer Obsession:
We will approach every deliverable like it's a product. We will adopt a customer-obsessed mentality. As we grow, and our footprint becomes larger, teams and employees will treat each other not only as teammates but customers. We must live the customer-obsessed mindset, always. This will help us scale and it will translate to the interactions that our Rafters have with their clients and other product teams that they integrate with. Our culture will enable our success and set us apart from other companies.
How do we get there?
Public-sector modernization is critical for us to live in a better world. We, at Raft, want to innovate and solve complex problems. And, if we are successful, our generation and the ones that follow us will live in a delightful, efficient, and accessible world where out-of-box thinking, and collaboration is a norm.
Raft’s core philosophy is Ubuntu: I Am, Because We are. We support our “nadi” by elevating the other Rafters. We work as a hyper collaborative team where each team member brings a unique perspective, adding value that did not exist before. People make Raft special. We celebrate each other and our cognitive and cultural diversity. We are devoted to our practice of innovation and collaboration.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.