This is a U.S. based position. All of the programs we support require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment. All work must be conducted within the continental U.S.
Who we are:
Raft (https://goraft.tech) is a customer-obsessed non-traditional small business with a purposeful focus on Distributed Data Systems, Platforms at Scale, and Complex Application Development, with headquarters in Reston, VA. Our range of clients include innovative federal and public agencies leveraging design thinking, cutting edge tech stack, and cloud native ecosystem. We build digital solutions that impact the lives of millions of Americans.
What we are looking for:
- A proven track record of successfully managing a minimum of five projects, each involving at least five team members, from their inception to their completion
- Demonstrated experience in working closely with clients on highly technical components of projects, and aligning with product managers and tech leads to establish shared project objectives
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Department of Defense's (DoD) systems, processes, and technologies. This includes familiarity with defense acquisition lifecycles, cybersecurity, data analytics, and IT infrastructure
- Proficiency in pinpointing potential project risks, analyzing their potential impact, and employing proactive strategies to prevent their occurrence or minimize their effect on project delivery
- Proven expertise in handling project budgets, monitoring spending, and optimizing resource distribution to boost project efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- A good understanding of DoD security policies, compliance structures, and regulatory standards. The candidate should ensure that projects comply with relevant guidelines and implement necessary security controls
- A well-documented history of leading and motivating multidisciplinary technical teams. The candidate should be able to encourage collaboration and foster a culture of innovation and excellence
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Willing to travel at least once a quarter to Raft HQ (Reston, VA) for a workweek
- Demonstrable aptitude to always be learning and passion for writing
- Running effective meetings
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance
- Remote, US
What we will offer you:
- Highly competitive salary
- Fully covered healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) and company match
- Unlimited PTO + 11 paid holidays
- Education & training benefits
- Annual budget for your tech/gadgets needs
- Monthly box of yummy snacks to eat while doing meaningful work
- Team off-site in fun places!
- Generous Referral Bonuses
- And More!
Our Vision Statement:
We bridge the gap between humans and data through radical transparency and our obsession with the mission.
Our Customer Obsession:
We will approach every deliverable like it's a product. We will adopt a customer-obsessed mentality. As we grow, and our footprint becomes larger, teams and employees will treat each other not only as teammates but customers. We must live the customer-obsessed mindset, always. This will help us scale and it will translate to the interactions that our Rafters have with their clients and other product teams that they integrate with. Our culture will enable our success and set us apart from other companies.
How do we get there?
Public-sector modernization is critical for us to live in a better world. We, at Raft, want to innovate and solve complex problems. And, if we are successful, our generation and the ones that follow us will live in a delightful, efficient, and accessible world where out-of-box thinking, and collaboration is a norm.
Raft’s core philosophy is Ubuntu: I Am, Because We are. We support our “nadi” by elevating the other Rafters. We work as a hyper collaborative team where each team member brings a unique perspective, adding value that did not exist before. People make Raft special. We celebrate each other and our cognitive and cultural diversity. We are devoted to our practice of innovation and collaboration.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.