This is a U.S. based position. All of the programs we support require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment. All work must be conducted within the continental U.S.
Who we are:
Raft (https://goraft.tech) is a customer-obsessed non-traditional small business with a purposeful focus on Distributed Data Systems, Platforms at Scale, and Complex Application Development, with headquarters in Reston, VA. Our range of clients include innovative federal and public agencies leveraging design thinking, cutting edge tech stack, and cloud native ecosystem. We build digital solutions that impact the lives of millions of Americans.
We’re looking for an experienced Director of Finance to support our growing efforts and join our passionate team of high-impact problem solvers. This is a unique opportunity to help build and shape a game-changing organization where we put our customers and people first.
About the role:
At Raft, we're seeking a seasoned Finance professional who is equipped to steer the financial helm of our dynamic organization. This pivotal role requires a deep understanding of corporate accounting, planning, and analysis and extensive experience in the government contracting sector. You'll be responsible for orchestrating Raft's comprehensive financial operations, engineering strategic roadmaps, delivering insightful financial reports, and ensuring robust compliance. You will be instrumental in upholding Raft's financial health, enabling us to achieve our strategic objectives and continue to innovate. This role represents a tremendous opportunity to make a substantial impact on our organization and contribute to our continued growth and success.
What you'll do:
- Orchestrate Raft’s complete financial operations, maintaining vigilance over every facet
- Engineer strategic operating and financial roadmaps that power the achievement of company goals
- Lead robust annual Profit & Loss (P&L) planning exercises, ensuring financial health and sustainability
- Guarantee stringent financial data compliance in line with legal stipulations, Key Financial Controls, and precise reporting of Key Performance Indicators for P&L and Cash Flow statements
- Architect indirect rate structures, budgets, forecasts, incurred cost submissions, and manage the general ledger
- Deliver incisive financial reports to executive stakeholders, upholding compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Formulate and deliver dynamic monthly forecast updates to the leadership team, enabling informed decision-making
- Design and uphold a rigorously documented system of expense policies and procedures; install robust controls over accounting transactions to mitigate risk
- Implement comprehensive cost controls. Oversee and approve budgeted project spending, primarily for capital expenditures, on a granular project and task basis
- Execute flawless monthly financial closing and prepare insightful financial reports
- Conduct rigorous financial impact analyses to appraise new initiatives, programs, and capital investments
- Support sophisticated pricing analysis and prepare financial components of Service Level Agreements
- Contribute to ad hoc department projects, including integration of financial systems
- Act as a champion for the Finance department within inter-company teams and committees, including CEO-delegated tasks and cross-company indirect procurements
- Curate detailed schedules for each department, tracking specific types of budgeted expenses, and flexibly adapting to contract renewals and terminations
- Support the monthly close process by meticulously reviewing actuals and ensuring accurate booking of all expenses
- Provide comprehensive trending analysis and delve into cost assessments as required
- Compile insightful monthly variance analysis (actual vs. budget) to inform strategic decision-making
- Formulate and uphold financial policies across the company, including travel and expense management
- Continuously scrutinize potential risks and opportunities through a financial lens, driving proactive mitigation and capitalization
- Propose compelling benchmarks that serve as key indicators of the company's performance
- Demonstrate a solid foundation of a minimum of 10 years of experience in corporate accounting, planning, and analysis, particularly in supporting the Government Contracting (GovCon) industry
- Prior immersion in the government contracting sector is essential, reflecting a deep understanding of its unique requirements and challenges
- Showcase recent and extensive tenure as a controller at a company or business unit level, reflecting exceptional financial stewardship
- Proficiency with Unanet is highly desired, showcasing the ability to manage financial systems effectively
- A background in the aerospace and defense industry provides a valuable edge, reflecting relevant industry knowledge and insights
- Exhibit experience navigating complex business environments, adept at managing iterative processes between departments and the broader organization
- Excel in presenting financial data to executive management, demonstrating exceptional communication and influencing skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
What we will offer you:
- Highly competitive salary
- Fully covered healthcare, dental, and vision coverage + 401(k)
- Unlimited PTO + 11 paid holidays
- Education & training benefits
- Annual budget for your tech/gadgets needs
- Monthly box of yummy snacks to eat while doing meaningful work
- Remote, hybrid, and flexible work options
- Team off-site in fun places!
- Generous Referral Bonuses
- And More!
Our Vision Statement:
We bridge the gap between humans and data through radical transparency and our obsession with the mission.
Our Customer Obsession:
We will approach every deliverable like it's a product. We will adopt a customer-obsessed mentality. As we grow, and our footprint becomes larger, teams and employees will treat each other not only as teammates but customers. We must live the customer-obsessed mindset, always. This will help us scale and it will translate to the interactions that our Rafters have with their clients and other product teams that they integrate with. Our culture will enable our success and set us apart from other companies.
How do we get there?
Public-sector modernization is critical for us to live in a better world. We, at Raft, want to innovate and solve complex problems. And, if we are successful, our generation and the ones that follow us will live in a delightful, efficient, and accessible world where out-of-box thinking, and collaboration is a norm.
Raft’s core philosophy is Ubuntu: I Am, Because We are. We support our “nadi” by elevating the other Rafters. We work as a hyper collaborative team where each team member brings a unique perspective, adding value that did not exist before. People make Raft special. We celebrate each other and our cognitive and cultural diversity. We are devoted to our practice of innovation and collaboration.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.