This is a U.S. based position. All of the programs we support require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment. All work must be conducted within the continental U.S.
Who we are:
Raft (https://goraft.tech) is a customer-obsessed non-traditional small business with a purposeful focus on Distributed Data Systems, Platforms at Scale, and Complex Application Development, with headquarters in Reston, VA. Our range of clients include innovative federal and public agencies leveraging design thinking, cutting edge tech stack, and cloud native ecosystem. We build digital solutions that impact the lives of millions of Americans.
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Marketing to support our growing efforts and join our passionate team of high-impact problem solvers. This is a unique opportunity to help build and shape a game-changing organization where we put our customers and people first.
About the role:
Raft is on the lookout for a forward-thinking Head of Marketing to shape and lead this newly established position. This pivotal role drives our brand vision, enhances audience engagement, and steers our data-driven social strategy. As a critical facilitator across our Growth, Product, Design, and People teams, you'll orchestrate brand campaigns, craft compelling marketing materials, and forge influential partnerships. We seek a candidate with a clear, future-oriented vision, a blend of creative and analytical prowess, a vast network in the creative industry, and, ideally, within a high-growth environment. As part of the Raft team, you will have the unique chance to shape the future of our brand, helping us differentiate and articulate our unique value proposition in the market. This role presents a distinctive opportunity to leave a lasting footprint in a trailblazing technology company.
What you'll do:
- Propel the vision and strategy for Raft’s brand and bring it to life through marketing content, brand campaigns, and other initiatives. Including but not limited to content development brand campaigns, brand partnerships, immersive experiences
- Own Raft’s organic and paid social strategy and execution — create a data-driven strategy to grow our audience and strengthen audience engagement
- Create a framework to measure ROI effectiveness for brand initiatives, track results, and continually optimize
- Serve as the key business partner for relevant Product and Engineering teams to market Raft’s capability and products and ensure brand consistency and cohesion across all aspects of the business.
- Work cross-functionally with Growth, Product, Design, and People teams to:
- Drive and execute small to large-scale brand awareness campaigns, including advertising and viral campaigns
- Develop effective product marketing materials and sales collateral for events, conferences, and customer engagements
- Develop robust on-brand content for owned channels (including but not limited to website, social channels, etc.)
- Research and develop high impact partnerships for Raft, including sponsorships, entertainment opportunities, and influencers
- Attend industry functions and conferences to represent Raft and build relationships with prospective partners and clients
- Clear vision & differentiated point of view: We need someone who can see into the future and help drive our brand arc for that vision over the next 3-5 years. Raft is a non-traditional defense company with a highly differentiated culture and capability offering. We need to continue to lean into and continue to articulate that differentiation in all of our touchpoint
- Ability to flex strategic and tactical, creative and analytical: We are now a scale-up but will always be a small and scrappy team at heart that punches well above our weight. We need someone to come in with a vision but then be able to execute the details that make it come to life
- Well connected: You’ve built deep partnerships with like-minded brands; have a deep bench of creative contacts from agencies, vendors & freelancers.
- 7+ years of experience in a senior marketing role, preferably in a startup or high-growth business environment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
What we will offer you:
- Highly competitive salary
- Fully covered healthcare, dental, and vision coverage + 401(k)
- Unlimited PTO + 11 paid holidays
- Education & training benefits
- Annual budget for your tech/gadgets needs
- Monthly box of yummy snacks to eat while doing meaningful work
- Remote, hybrid, and flexible work options
- Team off-site in fun places!
- Generous Referral Bonuses
- And More!
Our Vision Statement:
We bridge the gap between humans and data through radical transparency and our obsession with the mission.
Our Customer Obsession:
We will approach every deliverable like it's a product. We will adopt a customer-obsessed mentality. As we grow, and our footprint becomes larger, teams and employees will treat each other not only as teammates but customers. We must live the customer-obsessed mindset, always. This will help us scale and it will translate to the interactions that our Rafters have with their clients and other product teams that they integrate with. Our culture will enable our success and set us apart from other companies.
How do we get there?
Public-sector modernization is critical for us to live in a better world. We, at Raft, want to innovate and solve complex problems. And, if we are successful, our generation and the ones that follow us will live in a delightful, efficient, and accessible world where out-of-box thinking, and collaboration is a norm.
Raft’s core philosophy is Ubuntu: I Am, Because We are. We support our “nadi” by elevating the other Rafters. We work as a hyper collaborative team where each team member brings a unique perspective, adding value that did not exist before. People make Raft special. We celebrate each other and our cognitive and cultural diversity. We are devoted to our practice of innovation and collaboration.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.