This is a U.S. based position. All of the programs we support require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment. All work must be conducted within the continental U.S.
Who we are:
Raft (https://goraft.tech) is a customer-obsessed non-traditional small business with purposeful focus on Distributed Data Systems, Platforms at Scale, and Complex Application Development, with headquarters in Reston, VA. Our range of clients include innovative federal and public agencies leveraging design thinking, cutting edge tech stack, and cloud native ecosystem. We build digital solutions that impact the lives of millions of Americans.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Data Profiler to support our customer and join our passionate team of high-impact problem solvers. You will work cross-functionally to help our customer design, plan, implement, and guide enterprise strategies. In this role, you will be a technical advisor who will help to lead and direct the execution of the cloud strategy by combining expertise and business insights. You will partner with other teams to drive strategic initiatives for solutions.
About the role:
As our Data Profiler, you'll dive into datasets, uncovering hidden patterns and inconsistencies. Through the application of business rules and analytical algorithms, you'll enhance the quality of our data, cleanse inaccuracies, and present your findings in a meaningful way to the broader team, ultimately driving our data warehousing and business intelligence initiatives forward.
What we are looking for:
- Utilizing data profiling or data archeology techniques to review, cleanse, and evaluate the organization's datasets
- Employing various analytical algorithms and business rules to gain insights into the quality of our data
- Evaluating datasets based on factors such as accuracy, consistency, and timeliness
- Identifying inconsistencies, inaccuracies, or null values within the dataset and providing solutions for rectification
- Generating valuable statistics or insights that can inform various teams and projects within the organization
- Serving as an essential precursor to data processing and data analytics
- Proven experience as a Data Profiler, Data Engineer, or similar role
- Strong knowledge of business rules and analytical algorithms
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency in data cleansing and data quality management
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field
- Obtain Security+ within the first 90 days of employment with Raft
- Experience with data warehousing and business intelligence
- Advanced degree in a relevant field
- Certifications in data management or related areas
- Experience with big data projects
- Ability to obtain/maintain a Top Secret Security clearance
Position Type and Location:
- Hybrid - San Antonio, TX
What we will offer you:
- Highly competitive salary
- Fully covered healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) and company match
- Unlimited PTO + 11 paid holidays
- Education & training benefits
- Annual budget for your tech/gadgets needs
- Monthly box of yummy snacks to eat while doing meaningful work
- Remote, hybrid, and flexible work options
- Team off-site in fun places!
- Generous Referral Bonuses
- And More!
Our Vision Statement:
We bridge the gap between humans and data through radical transparency and our obsession with the mission.
Our Customer Obsession:
We will approach every deliverable like it's a product. We will adopt a customer-obsessed mentality. As we grow, and our footprint becomes larger, teams and employees will treat each other not only as teammates but customers. We must live the customer-obsessed mindset, always. This will help us scale and it will translate to the interactions that our Rafters have with their clients and other product teams that they integrate with. Our culture will enable our success and set us apart from other companies.
How do we get there?
Public-sector modernization is critical for us to live in a better world. We, at Raft, want to innovate and solve complex problems. And, if we are successful, our generation and the ones that follow us will live in a delightful, efficient, and accessible world where out-of-box thinking, and collaboration is a norm.
Raft’s core philosophy is Ubuntu: I Am, Because We are. We support our “nadi” by elevating the other Rafters. We work as a hyper collaborative team where each team member brings a unique perspective, adding value that did not exist before. People make Raft special. We celebrate each other and our cognitive and cultural diversity. We are devoted to our practice of innovation and collaboration.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.