This is a U.S. based position. All of the programs we support require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment. All work must be conducted within the continental U.S.
Who we are:
Raft (https://goraft.tech) is a customer-obsessed non-traditional small business with purposeful focus on Distributed Data Systems, Platforms at Scale, and Complex Application Development, with headquarters in Reston, VA. Our range of clients include innovative federal and public agencies leveraging design thinking, cutting edge tech stack, and cloud native ecosystem. We build digital solutions that impact the lives of millions of Americans.
Our team is rapidly growing and looking for an experienced Senior Frontend Engineer to support our customer and join our passionate team of high-impact problem solvers. We enjoy the challenges of human-centered design, security, and scale to create better outcomes for our federal agency partners. We are a remote-first and work completely in the open source.
About the role:
As the Sr. Frontend Engineer, you will have a flexibility to choose the tools you want that get the job done well. Tools that render fastest UI on the frontend. You will not be responsible for making the interfaces mobile friendly. You'll grow into being a Subject Matter Expert when it comes to front end development on all Raft projects. In this pivotal role, You will be instrumental in supporting DoD in building UIs that make an operational impact and are used by operators.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in ReactJS
- Experience in building re-usable Components
- You like to get stuff done as fast as possible while collaborating with peers
- You have a passion for building products from 0 to 1
- Experience rapidly prototyping with mocking backend APIs
- Experience building geospatial maps / libraries on the front end
- Experience taking plain text requirements and mockups and coming up with prototypes
- Knowledge of pros and cons of different front end java script frameworks
- Curiosity to always be learning
- Obtain Security+ within 90 days of employment with Raft
- Experience building a SQL frontend GUI
- Portfolio (URL) that shows the products built and shipped that look visually pleasing
- Blended skill set of engineering frontend solutions that both look visually pleasing and are modular and easy to maintain codebases
- Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance or higher
Position Type and Location:
What we will offer you:
- Highly competitive salary
- Fully covered healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) and company match
- Unlimited PTO + 11 paid holidays
- Education & training benefits
- Annual budget for your tech/gadgets needs
- Monthly box of yummy snacks to eat while doing meaningful work
- Remote, hybrid, and flexible work options
- Team off-site in fun places!
- Generous Referral Bonuses
- And More!
Our Vision Statement:
We bridge the gap between humans and data through radical transparency and our obsession with the mission.
Our Customer Obsession:
We will approach every deliverable like it's a product. We will adopt a customer-obsessed mentality. As we grow, and our footprint becomes larger, teams and employees will treat each other not only as teammates but customers. We must live the customer-obsessed mindset, always. This will help us scale and it will translate to the interactions that our Rafters have with their clients and other product teams that they integrate with. Our culture will enable our success and set us apart from other companies.
How do we get there?
Public-sector modernization is critical for us to live in a better world. We, at Raft, want to innovate and solve complex problems. And, if we are successful, our generation and the ones that follow us will live in a delightful, efficient, and accessible world where out-of-box thinking, and collaboration is a norm.
Raft’s core philosophy is Ubuntu: I Am, Because We are. We support our “nadi” by elevating the other Rafters. We work as a hyper collaborative team where each team member brings a unique perspective, adding value that did not exist before. People make Raft special. We celebrate each other and our cognitive and cultural diversity. We are devoted to our practice of innovation and collaboration.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.