This is a U.S. based position. The majority of the programs we support require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
Who we are:
Raft (https://goraft.tech) is a customer-obsessed non-traditional small business with purposeful focus on Distributed Data Systems, Platforms at Scale, and Complex Application Development, with headquarters in Reston, VA. Our range of clients include innovative federal and public agencies leveraging design thinking, cutting edge tech stack, and cloud native ecosystem. We build digital solutions that impact the lives of millions of Americans.
Our team is rapidly growing and looking for an experienced Platform Services Engineer to help lead the modernization of legacy systems. You’ll also be joining our passionate team of high-impact problem solvers. We enjoy the challenges of human-centered design, security, and scale to create better outcomes for our federal agency partners. We are a remote-first and work completely in the open-source.
What you will do:
- Working on building and operating hybrid-infrastructure developer platforms
- Deploy Kubernetes in multiple ways and support automation of platform management
- Develop platform APIs that make common software operations scalable and repeatable
- Support business decisions with ad hoc analysis as needed
- Be an active member in daily scrum meetings, bi-weekly sprint planning’s, and quarterly milestone planning’s, and as-needed pairing sessions
- Work with various stakeholders to ensure needs are met
Who you are:
- You have experience developing containerized services deployed in production on orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes, Mesos, etc
- Experienced in building production services using Cloud Infrastructure Providers
- Very comfortable building developer platform services and APIs that scale to production
- Flexible to changing needs of the environment and needs of the customer
- Eager to keep learning and discovering new technologies
- TS Clearance (desired)
What we will offer you:
- Highly competitive salary
- Fully covered healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) and company match
- Unlimited PTO + 11 paid holidays
- Education & training benefits
- Annual budget for your tech/gadgets needs
- Monthly box of yummy snacks to eat while doing meaningful work
- Remote, hybrid, and flexible work options
- Team off-site in fun places!
- Generous Referral Bonuses
- And More!
Our Vision Statement
We bridge the gap between humans and data through radical transparency and our obsession with the mission.
Our Customer Obsession
We will approach every deliverable like it's a product. We will adopt a customer-obsessed mentality. As we grow, and our footprint becomes larger, teams and employees will treat each other not only as teammates but customers. We must live the customer-obsessed mindset, always. This will help us scale and it will translate to the interactions that our Rafters have with their clients and other product teams that they integrate with. Our culture will enable our success and set us apart from other companies.
How do we get there?
Public-sector modernization is critical for us to live in a better world. We, at Raft, want to innovate and solve complex problems. And, if we are successful, our generation and the ones that follow us will live in a delightful, efficient, and accessible world where out-of-box thinking, and collaboration is a norm.
Raft’s core philosophy is Ubuntu: I Am, Because We are. We support our “nadi” by elevating the other Rafters. We work as a hyper collaborative team where each team member brings a unique perspective, adding value that did not exist before. People make Raft special. We celebrate each other and our cognitive and cultural diversity. We are devoted to our practice of innovation and collaboration.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.