This is a U.S. based position. The majority of the programs we support require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
Who we are:
Raft (https://goraft.tech) is a customer-obsessed non-traditional small business with purposeful focus on Distributed Data Systems, Platforms at Scale, and Complex Application Development, with headquarters in Reston, VA. Our range of clients include innovative federal and public agencies leveraging design thinking, cutting edge tech stack, and cloud native ecosystem. We build digital solutions that impact the lives of millions of Americans.
Our team is rapidly growing and looking for an experienced Principal Site Reliability Engineer to assist with efforts and join our passionate team of high-impact problem solvers. We enjoy the challenges of human-centered design, security, and scale to create better outcomes for our federal agency partners. We are a remote-first and work completely in the open source.
What you will do:
- Build and maintain infrastructure as code on large scale multi-site deployments.
- Evaluate and assess new ways to scale platform capabilities.
- Automate workflows to help push the limit of the infrastructure and enable continuous delivery of capabilities onto a hybrid infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot issues until root causes are understood on high traffic production systems, participate in design and code review processes, interact with product owners to coordinate infrastructure changes and be responsible for identifying bottlenecks and improving performance of the platform.
Who you are:
- Our Principal level Site Reliability Engineers usually have at least 6 years industry experience
- Previous experience building and maintaining Kubernetes clusters across hybrid-cloud infrastructure. Have knowledge and excitement to work in a Kubernetes-heavy workspace.
- Previous experience in configuration / package management experience using tools like Terraform, Helm etc.
- Previous experience with Cloud service monitoring like Prometheus, Grafana, FluentD, ElasticStack, Prometheus, SumoLogic, etc.
- Proficient in Linux system administration
- Eager to provide input to the customer and thrive in a team environment
Location: Ideal candidate is located in the great Boston area, or Langley VA, to access SCIFs as needed; position is primarily Remote.
Our Vision Statement
We bridge the gap between humans and data through radical transparency and our obsession with the mission.
Our Customer Obsession
We will approach every deliverable like it's a product. We will adopt a customer-obsessed mentality. As we grow, and our footprint becomes larger, teams and employees will treat each other not only as teammates but customers. We must live the customer-obsessed mindset, always. This will help us scale and it will translate to the interactions that our Rafters have with their clients and other product teams that they integrate with. Our culture will enable our success and set us apart from other companies.
How do we get there?
Public-sector modernization is critical for us to live in a better world. We, at Raft, want to innovate and solve complex problems. And, if we are successful, our generation and the ones that follow us will live in a delightful, efficient, and accessible world where out-of-box thinking, and collaboration is a norm.
Raft’s core philosophy is Ubuntu: I Am, Because We are. We support our “nadi” by elevating the other Rafters. We work as a hyper collaborative team where each team member brings a unique perspective, adding value that did not exist before. People make Raft special. We celebrate each other and our cognitive and cultural diversity. We are devoted to our practice of innovation and collaboration.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.