Radiant Industries is an El Segundo, CA-based startup developing Kaleidos, a portable, containerized nuclear microreactor. Portable nuclear power with rapid deploy capability can replace diesel generators used today to provide critical asset support for hospitals, datacenters, and military bases or to power microgrids at remote sites. Radiant’s unique, practical approach to nuclear development utilizes modern software engineering to rapidly achieve safe, factory-constructable microreactors leveraging existing, well-qualified materials. Radiant is on a fast track to demonstrate the first fueled operation of a new commercial nuclear reactor design, just three years from now.
Senior Full Stack Engineer (Front-End Focus)
Radiant is seeking a smart, creative and resourceful senior full-stack engineer with a focus on front end technologies. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing simple and elegant web applications and core services. These tools span from our real-time digital twin software that simulate the Kaleidos system to validating control algorithms. You’ll partner with talented interdisciplinary teams to come up with user-friendly interfaces and experiences. The ideal candidate will be able to flex across the stack such as implementing APIs and backend development. You’ll be an integral team member to build robust, reliable software systems that will drive to our successful fueling of Kaleidos in 2026.
This role is located at our El Segundo, CA headquarters.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design, develop and implement user friendly web applications and core services across Radiant.
- Be a subject matter expert on highly reliable, performant, and interactive user interfaces and experiences.
- Write and maintain excellent code quality including unit testing and validation.
- Lead and participate in design reviews.
- Implement and maintain RESTful APIs between front-end and back-end systems.
- Optimize application performance and troubleshoot issues.
Technologies We Use:
- AWS environment
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with UI/UX development and design.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming and computer science fundamentals.
- Experience with build tools and CI/CD technologies such as Git and Docker.
- Proficient in backend development and infrastructure.
- Experience with AWS cloud technologies.
- Comfortable collaborating with engineers across disciplines and translating their requirements into high quality applications and features.
- Love solving problems with great curiosity and have a bias towards action.
Employee Benefits for Eligible Employees:
- Stock: Substantial incentive stock plan for all full time, salaried employees
- Medical: 100% up to base silver level plan for employee + 50% dependents, offers up to Platinum plans.
- Vision: 100% coverage + 50% for dependents
- Dental: 100% coverage, orthodontia extra, 50% for dependents
- Voluntary Life, Accident, Hospital, Critical Illness, Commuter and FSA are offered as employee contributed benefits.
- Vacation/Sick time
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.